• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

No new copy?

tesss

𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐩𝐥&#119
Bells
So I want to start a new town on ACNL, but I can't buy a second copy. (mostly because my mom won't understand or won't buy me another, lol) any suggestions? Should I just continue on?

Edit: resetting my current town isn't something I wanna do since it's not finished

Last edited:
So I want to start a new town on ACNL, but I can't buy a second copy. (mostly because my mom won't understand or won't buy me another, lol) any suggestions? Should I just continue on?

Edit: resetting my current town isn't something I wanna do since it's not finished

Maybe offer to buy it with your own money? Or just explain in a more basic form (like she's an alien) :)

Yeah the game is like $20 now. Just keep saving up your money. Pick up any loose change on the ground. Even the pennies that get all sticky and full of mud. I'm not ashamed to say I do that.

Or maybe ask if there are any chores you can do to finally make enough money.

Yeah the game is like $20 now. Just keep saving up your money. Pick up any loose change on the ground. Even the pennies that get all sticky and full of mud. I'm not ashamed to say I do that.

Or maybe ask if there are any chores you can do to finally make enough money.

That's a good idea! C: I'll, like, clean out the car three more times or something lol

I'd buy a digital copy from the eShop. That way you can just start up the game without constantly removing the game cartridge.

The digital copy is notorious for corrupting, unfortunately. I'd just buy a physical copy.

It's not really, though. All of my friends use digital + myself since 2013 and we haven't had any problems with it. I think people are blowing it way out of proportion.

It's not really, though. All of my friends use digital + myself since 2013 and we haven't had any problems with it. I think people are blowing it way out of proportion.

Are they? I've never owned a digital copy so I wouldn't know. I've heard lots of complaints about it, though.

I own a digital copy and have had no problems. I've had the game crash maybe twice but it was because of a problem with the 3DS itself, not the game. As long as your 3DS has no issues you should be fine, and even then it's highly unlikely.

I'd say either buy a digital or keep saving for a physical. Or just go with whichever one's the cheapest at the moment. You could wait for a sale on the eshop too if you want to get the game even cheaper, as Nintendo usually do sales when it starts to near a change in season. You could buy the game second-hand if you really want a physical copy tbh. Although if you really don't want to pay for it yourself, perhaps ask for another copy for your birthday/Christmas? A fair warning though having two towns is a lot of work, and considering your first isn't even finished yet I'd probably just stick with that one until it's finished. I have two towns, and it takes a lot of energy and time out of me.

You should buy another game, cause it's quite cheap and you can get a discount if you're in My Nintendo.
And yeah, try getting it with your own money or something.....idk :p

Rather not reset unless you really hate your current town or don't wanna spend money

Last edited:
You can get a copy off ebay or a game trading store (NOT Gamestop) for $12-$17.

If you do end up buying a second copy, I suggest getting whichever version (digital or physical) that you don't have already, especially if you're going to be playing a lot on both towns. I've had the digital copy for a while with no problems, but if you're really worried, you could always make (weekly?) backups of your save data (which is really easy with digital versions) from your SD card, so even if your file does get corrupted you can always use your most recent version (though you might have to redo some work).

I suggest a digital since you wouldn't need to keep changing out the cartridges. New leaf is now 20 bucks I think which is a good deal.

Back