• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Opinion on marinara

Do you like it?

• Total voters

KaydeeKrunk

The Late Great Turt
Peach 🍑
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
Purple Candy
So I am a big lover of Italian food, but honestly my least favorite sauce is the most classic... marinara. I mean, I like it sometimes but almost never by itself.

On my pizza I prefer Ranch or Pesto sauce. But if I get marinara I'll usually dip my pizza in ranch just to "counter-act" it a bit. Strangely though I LOVE having tomatoes on my pizza.

For pasta if I do a red sauce I make it a creamy red by mixing it with an Alfredo or even sometimes just adding heavy cream, sometimes add in pesto to. But I love regular Alfredo the most, or a pesto Alfredo with tons of garlic! Yum!

I think it's too acidic and sweet as is or something, cause it's just really over powering, if I don't have other things to mix with it I usually end up adding a disgusting amount of cheese with it.

So I was wondering what other people's opinion of marinara is..

Do you like it on it's own?

What do you like to put it on?

What is your favorite sauce for pizza? For pasta?

Well, I prefer it as the main sauce in my pizza. It's never really bothered me. Same with pasta too. We always get the one that has mushroom than the plain jane version.

However we don't always have/order pizza nor spaghetti a whole lot either. We tend to buy boboli and use pesto as our main sauce for home-made pizzas.

So maybe if marinara was a constant repetitive ingredient, I'd get sick of the taste real fast. I agree it can be too acidic at times especially since I am prone to heartburn.

So maybe if marinara was a constant repetitive ingredient, I'd get sick of the taste real fast. I agree it can be too acidic at times especially since I am prone to heartburn.

Could be why I've turned away from it too. I get heartburn something terrible at times. And yeah when we home make pizza and pasta I like pesto/alfredo the most.

the only time i ever had something marinara related was marinara pizza at buccas. and it is super delish~

I love all the sauces! But I gotta say, you can never go wrong with a good 'ol pesto sauce. And that's coming from a picky eater.

Also, I can only handle so much tomato chunks on my pasta, but whenever it comes to Margherita pizza, I can go on forever.

Here's something I don't like though, using Marinara sauce as a dip. It's doesn't taste right to me. Appetizers always come with Marinara dips that I just...never use, even though I love Marinara. And for Alfredo sauce, it really bothers me when people cook and serve the sauce by itself. No Parmesan?! Not even mozzarella?! Adding herbs to Alfredo sauce is the key to making it go from good to great. Add some shrimp in there and you have me shook.

I love all the sauces! But I gotta say, you can never go wrong with a good 'ol pesto sauce. And that's coming from a picky eater.

Also, I can only handle so much tomato chunks on my pasta, but whenever it comes to Margherita pizza, I can go on forever.

Here's something I don't like though, using Marinara sauce as a dip. It's doesn't taste right to me. Appetizers always come with Marinara dips that I just...never use, even though I love Marinara. And for Alfredo sauce, it really bothers me when people cook and serve the sauce by itself. No Parmesan?! Not even mozzarella?! Adding herbs to Alfredo sauce is the key to making it go from good to great. Add some shrimp in there and you have me shook.

I totally agree, I would never touch a sad unaltered alfredo, I add in lots of herbs and garlic, like I can never have too much garlic, I love making shrimp and clam alfredo. It's sooo good!

I totally agree, I would never touch a sad unaltered alfredo, I add in lots of herbs and garlic, like I can never have too much garlic, I love making shrimp and clam alfredo. It's sooo good!

It's 5 AM where I am and I'm seriously debating whether or not I should go to the kitchen and heat up some fettuccine pasta what in the world is wrong with me.

It's 5 AM where I am and I'm seriously debating whether or not I should go to the kitchen and heat up some fettuccine pasta what in the world is wrong with me.

I literally made this thread because I am craving pasta, so go fourth, eat that pasta. DO IT FOR ME!

I am making a grocery list so I can make some awesome pasta this week!

spag bol all the way m8.

carbonara can be good but people/restaurants tend to do such large plates with it so I'm yeah bro I'm full after a few chews.

And idek I don't think I had just tomato sauce only with my pasta but sounds yumm!

i could drink five cups of marinara sauce right now. it's good and it makes you powerful

i like marinara. it's not my favorite sauce but it's good. it really depends on what i'm feeling that day. i really like tomatoes whether it be on the side with my meat, in my omelette, in my burger, etc. so i'll get marinara on days i'm feeling tomato/herbs.

i like to use marinara with pasta and as dip for mozzarella sticks

i've only had tomato sauce for pizza so i guess that's my favorite? my favorite pasta sauces are pesto and vodka.

that being said i like almost all pasta dishes.. spaghetti bolognese, spaghetti carbonara, beef ragu ravioli, lasagna, butter+sage+parmesan gnocchi, etc etc i'm actually hungry now lol

Haha I pretty much only like marinara for mozzarella sticks! Otherwise for pasta I prefer white sauces or wine or butter sauces. The only red sauce I ever really enjoy is bolognese. Marinara is just like eating plain hot tomatoes.

The only thing I like marinara for is dipping mozz sticks pretty much, and even then I mix it with ranch.

I absolutely adore marinara. Pretty much the only sauce I like better is the spicy creamy tomato gravy that goes with shahi paneer.

we barely ever have italian food that's actually got it in so im not really a fan

I'm Italian, my dads mother was fresh off the boat. And a lot of Italian food repulses me, because of the wretched mess that is marinara sauce. It is ****ing absolutely putrid. Got a domino's pizza (which is horrible to start with, that garbage isn't even "pizza") and they put marinara on it instead of the classic sauce, and the sauce outweighed the cheese by over 40% (I am being generous by saying 40%).

I love Italian food, but for some reason, I ****ing hate marinara. I cannot emphasize my hatred for it no matter how many vulgar words I use to describe it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Like the thought of dipping a bread stick/mozzarella stick makes my non-existent balls sweat

- - - Post Merge - - -

I am so shook that Giada De Laurentiis is quaking

I misread this and thought it was about marijuana at first ::>_<::

But, yeah, I love marinara sauce, especially with bread or mozzarella sticks.

ngl I thought this said opinions about marijuana lolololol

but ye i love me some marinara on my pasta

Back