• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Who ruined your town?

Paula didn't necessarily "ruin" my whole town, but she plotted her house on one of my paths. No biggie ;) luckily I had an amiibo I wanted in my town so I just kicked her out the moment she officially moved in and then plot resetted for the amiibo move in :)

Paula didn't necessarily "ruin" my whole town, but she plotted her house on one of my paths. No biggie ;) luckily I had an amiibo I wanted in my town so I just kicked her out the moment she officially moved in and then plot resetted for the amiibo move in :)

Was that a while ago or recently? I thought villagers couldn't move on paths anymore?

i've had plenty of bad random move-ins, but i would never say any of them ruined my town. bc, i mean, a villager's house is only a 3x3 plot, and my town is literally 80x64 units... so even if they ruined a 5x5 section, i always know that eventually they'll move out, and so i work on beautifying other parts of town, and just be patient until they leave and i can fix what they've destroyed.

ofc my town is very important to me, and i do feel awful whenever random villagers ruin my gardens and trees and bush landscaping, but the game is supposed to mirror life (albeit, a bit more ideally and w anthropomorphic animal villagers right? hehe), and of course there'll be setbacks along the way, but slow and steady wins the race, and i know that the journey of building my town is a lot more satisfying than being completely done with it and not knowing what to do next. i'm not going to throw a fit and threaten to erase my town just because of setbacks like these :')

Zell, thankfully I moved him out. He moved right infront of a bridge, which really annoyed me :( I was going to keep him, but the chosen place of his house didn't please me :(

Aaah... Quillson! He moved in front of my lovely illuminated garden! I hate him... I don't want him here! And also he is a Smug, as 10th villager I really wanted Uchi personality :(

Hopkins and Erik both moved directly in front of my train station, which drove me crazy (I'm going to put a PWP there tomorrow though, so it won't be a problem anymore). Wade moved in right behind the town hall, which is probably the worst I currently have - it's confined by the town hall in front of it, the train tracks behind it, and the lake on the left, so it's really annoying to get to his house. Marshal also moved in front of the train station, but at least it's to the left a bit, although it's still highly annoying. And then I have Mitzi in front of the plaza and a bridge, and there's very little space between the plaza and river. It's also bound by the river on the right and in front, which I hate because there's only one space in front of her doorway. My newest arrival, Chevre, moved in a similarly annoying spot, leaving one space in front of her doorway before the cliff. I kind of want to place paths down in my town eventually, and both of those prevent me from doing that unless I use ones that are one tile wide. Bruce is also directly in front of a lake, which obscures my view of it and bothers me a lot. When I had Carmen, she was right next to Bruce and also blocked my campground. Filbert and Francine could have chosen much better spots, too, but at least they're not as bad.

My villagers take great pleasure in moving in the most horrible spots possible. The worst part is that most of them are potential dream villagers, and I'm considering moving most of them out and back in again just so I can reset them into a new spot (but plot resetting has been pointless in my town the two times I've tried it). I wouldn't mind it at all if a villager I didn't care about moved into a bad spot because I could easily get rid of them, but it's way harder to deal with my favourites all moving into horrible spots.

I don't plot reset, but Rolf's house is right in front of my center bridge. I think he is super sweet to me, but his house location is not sweet.

Definitely Aurora. Although she is such a cute villager and I would've loved to keep her in my town, out of all the space that my town could provide to her she plopped her house right in front of my cobblestone bridge. The bridge was centered leading to mainstreet as well and just seeing a house literally blocking it really rustles my jimmies.

I hope she moves as soon as possible because it'll drive me crazy eventually. ;;

Gayle did once, put her house right in front of the police station and I believe off-center :(

Although she's moved my villagers still tell me about my prior birthday wish "I wish Gayle would move out soon"

The only issue I've had is them destroying flowers(really sucks when it's hybrids). Phil is awesome though, you'll like him.

A lot have only because I don't want to plot reset. The biggest defilers are Tammi (stalkery close to my house), and Bangle (weaseled her way in).

There's more but those two are the most infuriating.

Doc went and corked my pretty peninsula that I was sharing with my birthday friend Fauna (sad thing is I wanted him... I just couldn't remember if I'd TT'ed or not and started up with my mayor). It was annoying because he was my 10th and I needed to boot someone else out AND move someone in before he would leave. But after that, he left after two attempts.

Felicity! She moved right into my lovely garden area I'd worked so hard on, and on top of it knocked out some trees that were surrounding my park right next to it... Ugh. It was awful.

well she didnt really ruin my town because it was my mistake. i bought flora from one of the members here and i messed up on plot resetting her. now she's in a spot that she shouldnt be. guess i cant have good things huh...

also, back in my old cartridge, cesar moved in from a void and i was saving a spot for one of my dreamies and he plotted there. fml

Twiggy just moved infront of my bridge AND event plaza but luckily the hibiscus starts got mercy and survived, but marshall moved and he was in the PERFECT SPOT that some villager now resides yet and i hate them so much i havent even remembered their name cause i ignore them lol. just gonna be annoying to get them out and endlessly plot reset. I just want most of my villagers on the left side on the map i have and the side marshall was on is near the cliff on the right and i had a lighthouse next to him to prevent anyone from living next door lol.

Bill. He was kind enough to move in next to a path so it didn't look to bad... if not for the fact he took out half my orchard with it. I'm still trying to get a cherry so I can replant the tree.

June. When she moved in she moved into my town she moved in front of my house when I finish my path it's going to look very weird.

Zell moved in right in the spot I'm gonna make a path !! Arghhh ! Luckily, I've just recently restarted so it's not that deep and I don't care about any of my current villagers/their home placements cause I plan on moving them out eventually anyway.

Back