• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

who's your cranky?

Fang! I highly recommend him (or any of the cranky wolves, really). I have a soft spot for Roscoe, and I also like Bruce :)

My cranky is Apollo! I've loved him for many years now :) Really loved Gaston in Wild world, still have a soft spot for him.

My cranky is Roscoe. Apollo is also a good choice as well as Kabuki. He's a very unique cat.

Roscoe was one of my starters, and I think his design is both nice and suiting the cranky type. I'm considering Chief, but that's mainly because he looks closer to a fox <3

Other ones I've liked are Kabuki, Gaston, Fang, and Hamphrey

I dont think I have a cranky villager in my town right now

I miss Gruff from the first Animal Crossing.

I'm gonna buy his amiibo card and see if I can get him to move in.

I loved Gruff.

I recommend Cyrano, Murphy, Apollo, Octavian, Rocco, Knox, and both male kangaroos.

Currently no Crankies live in my town though oops.

I have Kabuki and Walt. I love them, they're so fun~ They're so boisterous. Everything is loud with them. GAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've got Hopper right now, plan to get Gonzo in when I get somebody else out
Some other good ones would be Butch, Rasher (acquired liking), Ike, and Spike, and maybe Cyrano if he's not a jock, can't remember right now
There are a lot of really great ones, they're one of the better villager types (surprisingly) when it comes to design (in my opinion)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, Rooney and Octavian, almost forgot about those two

Last edited:
I have Butch and Wolfgang in my town, Butch is one of my first three villagers!
And Wolfgang, I love him sooo much!
But I also love Roscoe, Kabuki, Fang and Chief! :)

Walt is my cranky! and he doesn't get near enough love. I don't understand why he's all the way down in tier 6 when he's got such a neat design topped off with a cool scar. he's like a strange samurai grandpa and he's great :D

I have Fang and he's my favourite. I don't care about his popularity. I have a backstory for him and everything and I have 'K.K. Steppe' haning on the wall in my house because of him...

I don't have any crankys in my town. oops. I had Wolfgang, but I didnt talk to him a lot. Chief showed up in my campground, but I couldn't get him because I had 10 villagers :(

Last edited:
Back