• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Kangaroos

Becca617

small-fry existentialist
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4748-2830-2698
New Leaf Token
Winter Mittens
Cake
Are there any people here that adore kangaroos as much as I do in ACNL? I just feel like I never see anyone wanting them let alone talking about them. I actually went ahead and bought like 3 kangaroo amiibo cards off Amazon (Mathilda, Marcie and Walt) and I plan to scan them in my town once I get them. I was going to kick some villagers out of my town that I don't adore as much anymore like Bam, Deirdre, Erik, Diana, and maybe beau but I'm not 100% sure.

Long story short, do you like any of the kangaroos in Animal Crossing and would you switch them out for any villagers listed above? I plan on making a foresty town and I thought kangaroos would fit very well with it.

Last edited:
Oh wow! I have actually never liked them. But it's nice to see that different people have different tastes. : )

Last edited:
I think Marcie is adorable, I'd have her! Also Kitt was one of my favourite villagers in Wild World. Walt is pretty cool too.

I'm not overly fascinated by them, but they aren't bad. Maybe it's because I'm Australian haha

i've never had a kangaroo villager, but i think it's cool how they have baby kangaroos in their pouches and the baby's facial expressions mirror the villagers' hehe.

i kind of think they're creepy, especially the females. why would the babies do the same thing as their mother all the time?

I like the kangaroos too. Mathilda and Astrid are the only ones I've actually had, but the designs of some of the others are cool.

Some of them are a bit boring but they're not the worst species.. Marcie is probably the cutest one

I have a soft spot for kangaroos as they were my childhood favorite animal. I had Carrie move into my town and while she moved into a horrid spot, something about having a mother in my town is really sweet.

Plus her interior is really adorable. I have a knack of pushing villagers in pitfalls and god I instantly regretted doing that to Carrie. I felt horrible.

My main reason for not liking them as much is the joeys in their pouches. I would like them better if:
- the babies didn't mimic their mom (unsettling to me)
- the moms actually addressed that they had a child

Otherwise their design is pretty alright. I'd consider them

Last edited:
Oh for the LOVE
I had Slivia (that purple kanga)
She was my favorite. I just LOVE purple.
But FOUR EYES & the whole mimic thing was too much. I was just staring at her for HOURS. IN REAL LIFE. Time just kind of got away from me, I would just STARE. o.0 at those eyes. *creepy factor. I HAD to get her out of my town ASAP. It was too bad she was nice, always asked for PWP and everything :-( Now she is on my Main Street (><) So no Kangas are allowed in my town. ESPECIALLY ones with joeys :.....(

I love Kangaroos! I think they deserve more love <3
Mathilda and Marcy are two of my favourite!
Mathilda has black fur and red cranky eyes, like Roscoe and I really love this style!
And Marcy! She's simply too adorable for words!
In my old town I had Kit, but she wasn't one of my fav!
I think also Astrid is really really cute and unique looking with those star eyes! :)

I love Marcie, she was one of my original villagers in my latest town. I didn't like the baby in the pouch though, because it did all of the faces which Marcie did at the same time. I also like Astrid the kangaroo because the name reminds me of "asteroid" :)

Last edited:
Kind of interesting to see some say they don't like how the joey mimics the mother.

Granted, the animation would be fairly simple since the joey is just a head, but I'm guessing it was easier to clump the mom and child as an unit than two different characters.

Personally, the joey is more of an accessory than an actual secondary character for it to actually obtain its own personality. It'll never talk to you and it makes sense it'd mimic mom.

Personally, the joey is more of an accessory than an actual secondary character for it to actually obtain its own personality. It'll never talk to you and it makes sense it'd mimic mom.

I think that's precisely the reason so many people find it offputting. A baby is not an accessory - it's creepy to see it treated as such. Of course giving it a name, personality and separate emotions would require more work; however, there's really no reason to have the joeys in the first place. A female kangaroo doesn't need to be shown with a baby any more than a different species animal. To me it's not much more than a poorly done gimmick

I have two kangaroos in Salem - Mathilda and Kitt. Mathilda gets on my nerves once in a while (she is a snooty, after all), but for the most part, she is a good villager. Kitt is a normal, so that means she's just sweet and adorable. She fits into the town so easily, I could never give her up.

My new town had Marcie in it when I started and I like her a lot. I think she's really cute.

I like marcie but i feel like the rest dont have very desirable designs. Carrie is cute too but none of them really call out to me.

I think that's precisely the reason so many people find it offputting. A baby is not an accessory - it's creepy to see it treated as such. Of course giving it a name, personality and separate emotions would require more work; however, there's really no reason to have the joeys in the first place. A female kangaroo doesn't need to be shown with a baby any more than a different species animal. To me it's not much more than a poorly done gimmick

That's exactly it for me. The joey feels like a gimmick, like if all the smug villagers carried a briefcase or something. Personally though, the kangaroo designs just aren't to my liking (and with 300+ villagers, there are a lot that I like better).

Back