• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villagers refusing to move?

bonucci

♡ honey sweet ♡
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2018
Jingle Christmas Doll
White Pansy
White Violet
Pavé
White Cosmos
Cake
I know there are tons of posts on this, and I've followed ALL the advice they've given, as well as the guide to moving out villagers quick, but Snake REFUSES to leave. I'm trying to make an all deer town, Zell being the last one I need. Snake was one of my starters so the 10th villager rule doesn't apply. I'm keeping another one of my starters who just happens to be Diana, so he has no reason at all to stay?

Does anyone know what's wrong? And do you have any advice since the others don't seem to work? Has this happened to you too, and how did you deal with it?

:(

I think villagers refuse to leave if you don't have a good friendship with them. I wanted Bonbon to leave because I hated her, but when she pinged me and told me that she was moving, she refused. So, I promptly reset my game and the second time she pinged me, she didn't refuse.

I think villagers refuse to leave if you don't have a good friendship with them. I wanted Bonbon to leave because I hated her, but when she pinged me and told me that she was moving, she refused. So, I promptly reset my game and the second time she pinged me, she didn't refuse.

I've been talking to him repeatedly trying to get him to move. Hopefully that works? ; ;

I've been talking to him repeatedly trying to get him to move. Hopefully that works? ; ;

Hopefully, if he pings and tells you that he's moving but stays, reset the game IMMEDIATELY. If you reset, Snake will ping you again and say that he's moving.

Hopefully, if he pings and tells you that he's moving but stays, reset the game IMMEDIATELY. If you reset, Snake will ping you again and say that he's moving.

Thank you so much ; v ; I'll try again in an hour or two. Hopefully it works this time!

I've dealt with this a couple times.. I always reset my game when they refuse, like no no, you're leaving haha.

I've dealt with this a couple times.. I always reset my game when they refuse, like no no, you're leaving haha.

It's not just that they refuse- they simply never ping me ; ; I'm still at it now and every single one of my villagers have asked except him!

If the villager keeps refusing just restart it without saving and don't talk to them. In a couple of days they will eventually move out

If the villager keeps refusing just restart it without saving and don't talk to them. In a couple of days they will eventually move out

IT FINALLY WORKED! actual tears in my eyes xD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Snake finally moved out. I've TT-ed up to two months! thanks to everyone who replied :p

IT FINALLY WORKED! actual tears in my eyes xD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Snake finally moved out. I've TT-ed up to two months! thanks to everyone who replied :p

Yaaay! So happy I could help!

Gotta kick out those nasty non-leavers heheh

Yaaay! So happy I could help!

Gotta kick out those nasty non-leavers heheh

I was so upset with him for never choosing to leave but once I got his note I got hit with the feels ; v ;

When this game was at it's peak was like... 2014? Around that time is when I reset my game the final time. I got Fang in on the first try and I wanted to sell him because he was a favorite at the time. Back when bells here meant something. It's been 3 years of me TT'ing and doing a bunch of crap to get him out. It was annoying af at first. After a while he was no longer original and I just said screw it. No one would want him. Lol.

tl;dr Leave them be. They are there forever. Lol

Last edited:
Snake is bae

You monster

He is the sweetest, I felt bad kicking him out! Sadly I want a deer town and I only needed Zell :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

When this game was at it's peak was like... 2014? Around that time is when I reset my game the final time. I got Fang in on the first try and I wanted to sell him because he was a favorite at the time. Back when bells here meant something. It's been 3 years of me TT'ing and doing a bunch of crap to get him out. It was annoying af at first. After a while he was no longer original and I just said screw it. No one would want him. Lol.

tl;dr Leave them be. They are there forever. Lol

DON'T LOSE HOPE, THEY LEAVE EVENTUALLY!

Back