• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What time in December does it start snowing?

tesss

𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐩𝐥&#119
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I'm a time traveler, mostly because it's just easier for me and I don't care too much for turnips. But, I want to know, around what day/week in December (game time) does it start snowing? I want to travel to then :3

I read somewhere that December 10th (I'm like 9% sure it's the 10th, otherwise it's the 12th) is the first big snowstorm each winter so that'd be a good date to travel to! :)

I'm disappointed it doesn't start earlier, because my birthday is in the first week of December and falls into the time the ground and tree colors are at their least appealing -.-

I believe the first day with snow on the ground is December 13 with it snowing and brown grass on December 12th.

What a lovely day it is - that first day of snow!

Around the first 10 days. And then sometime around there a big snowstorm hits and the next day the ground turns to snow.

I used to have a Snow themed town and I'm quite sure the snow did start between the 10th and the 13th, but it was most frequently the 10th of December.

KiowD24.jpg
The AC Wiki says that snowmen can start being built on December 11 so I would say that date is probably the first day of heavy snowfall that stays on the ground.However,light snow starts appearing in the last week of November.I took the screenshot above on November 29 of last year.It was just a light snow that didn't accumulate on the ground but I was kind of surprised to see it that early.

I'm pretty sure it's December 11, as that's the first day where you can build snowmen
If not, somewhere in the area of that date, like the 12th or 13th, might be the first day

Sometime around December 10, I believe. It clears on February 24. Been a while since I played so this might not be 100% correct.

Back