So What Are You Reading?

finishing up the age of innocence by edith wharton & the voyage out by virginia woolf. i think these two will be the lasts books i read in 2017, putting me at 65 books for the year.

I finished Less Than Zero by Bret Easton Ellis yesterday and loved it. I want to read more of his work now but I'd probably have to buy them in paperback as the Kindle price (?5+ per book) doesn't feel worth it for the length.

I read a cute holiday novella about elves working in the North Pole today titled Mending Noel by Charlie Cochet. It's a fun piece of MxM fluff that was surprisingly well written and made me smile. It's the first in a seven part series that I'm seriously considering buying the rest of while it's still on sale.

I loved Will Grayson, Will Grayson. It's the only novel I've read by John Green.

Set realistic goals!! I've hit my GoodReads goal four times now - 2011 (16/15), 2015 (36/35), 2016 (54/50), and 2017 (52/52) respectively. Consistent reading habits of course help. :)

Actually, for me, 50 books is realistic. I am disabled and don't really have much of a life. So unless I absolutely loathe the book, I can read anything. Its just that I tend to fall into slumps because of my disorder that usually last a few weeks to a month.

Anyway, I am struggling through Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and started Harley Quinn vol. 1 a few days ago.

Just finished Fahrenheit 451. Incredibly thought-provoking. I still need to reflect on it.

I haven't been reading much right now, because I was trying to finish holiday gifts, but I'll be getting a big haul of books in on Friday, and I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday, so I'll probably curl up with some of them (weather is supposed to be horribly cold).

I am struggling through Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and started Harley Quinn vol. 1 a few days ago.

I read Wuthering Heights several years ago, and found it tough going. Certainly not something that goes on my list to be re-read often.

i'm currently working my way through Barbara Demick's Nothing to Envy. it's a sort of novelization of the lives of a couple of North Korean defectors she interviewed. it's a gripping read, and gives a good look at what it's like to live through a famine in North Korea.

I just started reading Stephen King's It. One of the best Christmas presents I got this year.

finishing up the age of innocence by edith wharton & the voyage out by virginia woolf. i think these two will be the lasts books i read in 2017, putting me at 65 books for the year.

i’m a big liar!! a big big liar. i’m re-reading 1984 tonight.

I started reading A Tale of Two Castles yesterday. Looks to be a fun read. Not sure if I'll finish the sequel after or dive into Ramses the Damned: The Passion of Cleopatra. I've been waiting for this book to be written for years!

I haven't been reading much right now, because I was trying to finish holiday gifts, but I'll be getting a big haul of books in on Friday, and I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday, so I'll probably curl up with some of them (weather is supposed to be horribly cold).

I read Wuthering Heights several years ago, and found it tough going. Certainly not something that goes on my list to be re-read often.

Yeah, I gave up. Some books are just too advanced for me to read. *Shrugs*

I started reading Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriaty and I will be starting Year One by Nora Roberts for my book club.

Just finished reading a play called A Streetcar Named Desire for my English class. Quite an...interesting story. There's this guy named Stanley in there that I really dislike even though I read from somewhere else that I'm supposed to feel sympathetic towards him? Nah :/

Yeah, I gave up. Some books are just too advanced for me to read. *Shrugs*

I wouldn't say it was too advanced for you. It was a very slow story (I thought), and I had a harder time staying with it than I did her sister's - Jane Eyre, which is actually a favorite.

Last edited:
All The Wrong Questions Book #2. I really enjoyed the first one, so much so that I managed to read it within 36 hours.

Back