So What Are You Reading?

I finished It the other week & it was so ****ing terrible I wish I could regain the time it took to sludge through that book.

I finished It the other week & it was so ****ing terrible I wish I could regain the time it took to sludge through that book.

I gave up on that book about 300 pages in. Too much backstory and none of it was about a demonic, cannibalistic clown.

The last book I read was "How to train your dragon" by Cressida Cowell - the source material for the movies, because I'm a big fan of those and wanted to see how it all started. I... um... was somewhat surprised, to put it mildly. Not only do the movies and book have nothing in common (except for the character's names), the dragons in the book (especially Toothless) are downright sociopaths. And nobody seems to mind. It's really strange, haha.

Last edited:
The last book I read was "How to train your dragon" by Cressida Cowell - the source material for the movies, because I'm a big fan of those and wanted to see how it all started. I... um... was somewhat surprised, to put it mildly. Not only do the movies and book have nothing in common (except for the character's names), the dragons in the book (especially Toothless) are downright sociopaths. And nobody seems to mind. It's really strange, haha.
Oh my gosh, you've read the books too?! I've got them all and I've watched the films, which I LOVE! Do you want to talk in a PM? :)

The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Currently on The Two Towers. My dad says I can't watch the movie until I read it, lol.
Wow, same here. Already read the Trilogy and going to watch all the movies after. All are great so have fun!

Last edited:
A loooooot of Social Policy journals about the welfare state. I have an essay due soon so I'm just trying to glean any extra info I can at this stage.

Apart from that I'm STILL struggling my way through Gender Trouble by Judith Butler. I'm finding it really exhausting, not because I disagree with her points, but because I can't bloody understand what she's saying half of the time! The language she uses is unnecessarily complicated and it really makes the book a chore to read. :(

I picked up this series called Fighting Series by JB Salsbury. It's a series about fighters (boxers) and their love interests. Pretty good series. I'm on book two which is called Fighting to Forgive. I'm almost done with it though then the next book is Fighting to Forget.

Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver

Really good, I can?t put it down...!

?The Poisonwood Bible is a story told by the wife and four daughters of Nathan Price, a fierce, evangelical Baptist who takes his family and mission to the Belgian Congo in 1959. They carry with them everything they believe they will need from home, but soon find that all of it?from garden seeds to Scripture?is calamitously transformed on African soil. What follows is a suspenseful epic of one family's tragic undoing and remarkable reconstruction over the course of three decades in postcolonial Africa?

Currently reading Station Eleven (it's wonderful). Apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic literature makes me extremely anxious though. It's about an eclectic group of actors and musicians who band together to form a travelling caravan after the world is killed off by a plague. I'm not the biggest fan of Shakespeare, but this book makes me appreciate Shakespearean theatre so much more. Because “survival is insufficient.”

Also there's Star Trek poetry in it!
“A fragment for my friend--
If your soul left this earth I would follow and find you
Silent, my starship suspended in night”

Currently the memoirs of a Swedish author/writer, no idea if it's available in English but I think the title could roughly be translated to "The prophecy" (or maybe divination might be a better word, a bit hard to translate bc it would sound overly religious lol)

Unfortunately right now, nothing. I had been reading my own writing last month, because I was doing NaNo and wanted to both check on a couple of details and keep the same voice.

Now that December is here, I have several knitting projects that need to be completed for the holidays, so I'll spend my free time on that.

Fortunately, I have a large stack of physical books and a folder full of unread books on my Kindle to peruse, once the New Year comes around.

I don't read books unless I have to, but we have this assignment in Swedish class where we read a book and answer questions about it. So I recently read "Mamma minns du mig?" Which is directly translated to "Mom do you remember me?". Written by Elisabet Norin.
The book is about A girl named Clara who's mom have started to show signs of alzheimer. It wasn't my type of book, but it was still quite good.

my international law textbook, unfortunately :/
i started reading "the name of the wind" by patrick rothfuss a while ago and im sloooooowly getting through it. very slowly. its a long book and my attention span is the opposite of long. i'm enjoying the writing and the main character though.
(and i may or may not be reading a full on nover lenght fanfiction hh a h ah a ha n o t at all :eek:) freaking 200k thats like the longer hp books wtf)

Last edited:
Ghost Stories of an Antiquary by M.R. James
Which I enjoyed the collection. the vibe and atmosphere is nice.

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas and the Suicide Squad novelization by Marv Wolfman. Dude absolutely nailed Harley and the Joker's relationship. Such a better portrayal than what we see in the movie.

Back