• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

So What Are You Reading?

Currently reading All the bright places by Jennifer Niven. About half way through with this book and it's actually amazing!

I'm getting close to finishing Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking. After that, I'll have to read the book that one of my sisters gave me, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a *****.

Edit: Will I get in trouble for using a curse word?

Last edited:
^nah, just write it out and it will censor as you post. don't self-censor though.

I'm getting close to finishing Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking. After that, I'll have to read the book that one of my sisters gave me, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a *****.

Edit: Will I get in trouble for using a curse word?

My sister is currently reading that latter one. I hope you enjoy it! :)

"Lolita" by Nabokov. Almost finished. The first half of the book was a pleasure to read, the second one got a little bit boring here and there, but still I appreciated this work. Really dark, meaningful. It is a shame people do not talk a lot about it.
I also watched the movies from 1962 and 1997.

^Only watched the 60s movie and I liked it, idfk why they had to make a remake in the worst decade lol *shrugs* But yeah the book is awesome.

Corpse Cold - A collection of Folklore stories collected and inspired by the book "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" by Alvin Schwartz.

I'm shook.

I just finished a book called All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover, and now I'm back to my dystopian novels so I'm reading Scythe by Neil Shusterman

I'm only reading books for my classes unfortunately. I used to never understand how people didn't have time for leisure reading while in college, as I did my first two years, but the stress is real at the end of your degree.

I don't really have the motivation to read anything at this point.

For my foreign lit class: Los de Abajo, by Mariano Azuela.

Also, Nagabe's manga series The Girl From the Other Side: Si?il, a R?n.

Last edited:
I'm only reading books for my classes unfortunately. I used to never understand how people didn't have time for leisure reading while in college, as I did my first two years, but the stress is real at the end of your degree.

I don't really have the motivation to read anything at this point.

Yup, that was me by the end of my last semester in university. In high school I used to easily finish a book in less than a week. Especially if it was a fiction book.Now, it takes me a month to finish one measly fiction book or 3 months to finish a nonfiction book.

This is going to sound weird, but keep fighting for your love of reading. Don't lose it like I did.

Turning Germans Into Texans: World War I and the Assimilation and Survival of German Culture in Texas, 1900-1930 by Matthew Tippens. Reading it to help aid my thesis. :cool:

Finished that poetry book now and it was good, wouldn't had hurt to see more like 60s poetry stuff in it though ^^ Started on Conversations with Americans: Testimony from 32 Vietnam Veterans by Mark Lane. Really interesting!

I'm so bad at keeping up with my reading but I'm trying to read more. I love Russian literature, so naturally, Anna Karenina is first on my list. I wish I knew Russian so I could read it in the language, I think that would make the experience nicer for me. I only know the alphabet.

I'm so happy people read lol! I love classic literature! They're usually the books that english classes require you to read in high school. Unfortunately, I didn't really like a lot of the book my school choose but that didn't make me hate the genre entirely. Will be reading Jane Eyre soon.

I'm currently reading "Under My Skin" by A.E. Dooland. It's about a trans/nonbinary character.

Currently on Seducing the Demon: writing for my life by Erica Jong. It's alright, sometimes just a bit too much dropping names and details about the same stuff for 50 pages but I guess if you like her it can be interesting.

i purchased I'll be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara, but it's been sitting on my work desk untouched... i'd like to start it soon

Currently on Seducing the Demon: writing for my life by Erica Jong. It's alright, sometimes just a bit too much dropping names and details about the same stuff for 50 pages but I guess if you like her it can be interesting.

Okay finished today during break. Must say it was pretty boring really, it was basically "lol kids don't do this" and her parent/grandparent experiences.. like okay couldn't care less. It had some interesting episodes but honestly unless you are a superfan of hers don't bother.

Back