So What Are You Reading?

I'm currently reading Silent Child on my kindle, so far I'm very undecided about what to think of the book. I hope that her misfortune goes the opposite direction after all the suffering she's experienced throughout the years. Very meaningful and powerful book, I must say.

Before, I read Behind Closed Doors which was incredibly apprehensive. It had me off my chair near enough.

I do love a lot of books that follow a depressing story line, for some reason it makes me appreciate my life more. Especially having thought that there are people out there who have it far worse than me. I take plenty of things for granted and so it's nice to take the time to value all the different aspects of my life.

I loathed this book. I thought it was so unbelievably over the top.

Currently reading 1984 as part of my summer homework. It's interesting so far.

This is one of my favourite books of all time. It's incredible.

I started reading Murder on the Orient Express on Friday. I can't believe I've never read an Agatha Christie book before now. Her writing style is absolute perfection.

I also have Romance of the Three Kingdoms by Luo Guanzhong on the go. It's a mammoth of a book (2,339 pages) so I've been taking breaks with it. I'm a little over a quarter of the way through.

This is one of my favourite books of all time. It's incredible.

I started reading Murder on the Orient Express on Friday. I can't believe I've never read an Agatha Christie book before now. Her writing style is absolute perfection.

Saw the old 70s movie adaption of that and while I'm not into that crime stuff at all I enjoyed it. Maybe I should pick up that book at some point.

uhhh tbh ive just been reading a lot of fanfic atm LOL i read books too quickly and its expensive to have to keep buying books OTL the last one i finished was simon vs the homosapien agenda which was really good!! and before that i finished black lights express, also a very good book

My sister got me the illustrated versions of the first two Harry Potter books for my birthday a few weeks back. They're so gorgeous, even though I've read the books so so many times over the years it's surprising me how differently they seem with illustrations - just brings them to life in a totally different way.

uhhh tbh ive just been reading a lot of fanfic atm LOL i read books too quickly and its expensive to have to keep buying books OTL the last one i finished was simon vs the homosapien agenda which was really good!! and before that i finished black lights express, also a very good book

The library is your friend, fellow bibliophile.

I'm currently reading the Lux series by Jennifer L Armentrout, it's taken over, haha, I read Obsidian, Oblivion and Onyx in one 24 h sitting yesterday, then had an hour powernap, and haven't slept since since because today I read Opal, and I'm about 20 pages away from the end of Origin, then I just have to finish Opposition and read Shadows (a kinda prequel-ish book), I love this kinda book, if anyone's read it and can recommend more books I'd be all for it.

Unfortunately, I haven't been reading this summer (too lazy lmao) But when I get in high school, I plan on reading science-fiction and post a apocalyptic books!

i live in the middle of nowhere the nearest decently library is a 40m drive and i dont have a licence nor is there a bus

Oh, dang. I know those feels.

When I lived in the middle of nowhere, I would make a monthly trek to my local thrift store. I used to buy paperback books for $0.50 each and they'd often be buy 1, get 1.

You should see if there's a thrift store nearby.

Oh, dang. I know those feels.

When I lived in the middle of nowhere, I would make a monthly trek to my local thrift store. I used to buy paperback books for $0.50 each and they'd often be buy 1, get 1.

You should see if there's a thrift store nearby.

i live in the middle of nowhere the nearest decently library is a 40m drive and i dont have a licence nor is there a bus
i have no way of getting anywhere :')

my summer homework! (lol... ;; )
it's the namesake by jhumpa lahiri, and it's honestly pretty good but my dumb af acnl obsession is dragging me away from finishing it + the four essays that are due on the first day of school on the 17th.

please pray for me

Fanfiction >.>

But seriously speaking I'm in the middle of Beautiful Creatures (rec from friend) All the Light We Cannot See (rec from friend) and MY QUEEN MY GODDESS MY BAE Jodi Piccoult's Small Great Things WHICH I BOUGHT for like $30? I'm trash for her I've read so many of her books I love them all. (Except Mercy, I hated Mercy)

Right now I'm reading Grendel -I hope to finish it tomorrow (only on page 16 right now). For my reading challenge this year I'm reading 32 books, and right now I'm 3 behind because I did so much studying last semester. Just in the past week I've read Watership Down (favorite book ever now) and Love, Rosie. I'm hoping to read 4 or 5 more books before August 29th when I have to go back to school.

After Grendel I will probably read The Bees and then maybe World War Z, my boyfriend has a copy of that so why not lol?

Unfortunately, I haven't been reading this summer (too lazy lmao) But when I get in high school, I plan on reading science-fiction and post a apocalyptic books!

You should check out the book Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion. It is completely different from the movie. I Am Legend by Richard Matheson is another good choice. Stephen King said the book inspired some of his work.

Im re-reading the Harry Potter series for the millionth time :3

I really need to re-read them, too. I started to, but quit on 4th book because the opening is so long and boring. Plus, it makes me think about the god-awful 4th movie installment. Smh.

Back