• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

So What Are You Reading?

I just started Roanoke: Solving the Mystery of the Lost Colony by Lee Miller. It looks to be pretty good, so far.

Oooohhhh, yes, I've always been fascinated with the story of Roanoke. Please, keep us posted.

I just started Roanoke: Solving the Mystery of the Lost Colony by Lee Miller. It looks to be pretty good, so far.

Oooohhhh, yes, I've always been fascinated with the story of Roanoke. Please, keep us posted.

The English and Their History by Robert Tombs. It's a bit of a tome at roughly 1100 pages.

1123489127.0.b.jpg

This is probably the best rock&roll autobiography I've read.He doesn't leave anything out.

I've just finished reading Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (really enjoyed it). Trying to decide what to read next...either Armada by Ernest Cline or Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson.

Finished On the Road now for the second time and boyyyyy am I digging it. Not sure what to start on next since I have like 20 paperbacks unread at home buuut I'll figure something out ;)

Welcome to Nightvale, By Joseph Fink & Jeffery Cranor! I would recommend it to anyone who likes the podcast! I's a pretty great book so far It has me sucked in, laughing at the unique humor of Fink and Cranor. Brilliant guys, brilliant book! <3

Permanent Happiness by Iyabo Ojikutu, MD
Might get back into reading fiction novels again, it's been ages.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've just finished reading Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (really enjoyed it). Trying to decide what to read next...either Armada by Ernest Cline or Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson.

Was just thinking about reading RPO! Heard a lot of good things about it.

I've just started reading The Picture of Dorian Gray in my English class, and just got into Curiosity Thrilled the Cat (a murder mystery, and the main characters are cats). I really want to read Little Women again though, but it's such a long book and I'm afraid I may not be motivated to finish it, since it's not for a class or a silly little novel like the two books I'm reading right now.

Started on this Marxist discussion/debate book by Herbert Marcuse, I dunno the English title straight off my head if it was even translated to that, but the Swedish translated one would be something like "Protest, Demonstration, Rebellion". Really interesting, and I love those old late 60s debate books.

I rented Junji Ito's Uzumaki from the library since I wanted something fitting for the October/Halloween season and started reading it last night. I'm over halfway through it since it's a manga, so it shouldn't be too long now before I finish once I pick it back up later.

Started reading in some poetry/lyric collection I got at work, think it's from the 70s so the title then was "Modern foreign lyric" or something.. but yeah I like it ^^

I'm currently reading The Madonna of Bolton by Matt Cain. I happened to catch part of an interview where he spoke about how he was knocked back because his book was "too gay to publish" and pre-ordered it on a whim the same day. It's alright but not amazing.

Witcher wildhunt off one of my fav games but it?s takin me forever to finish it. I need to make more time to read

I'm trying to get myself to read The Vegetarian by Hang Kang. I picked it up from the library a bit ago. I read most of Human Acts by her and I really enjoyed it, but I have trouble getting myself to finish books.
The last book I read in full was Catcher in the Rye. It was really good. Anything I say about it, somebody's already said it, lol.

I rented Junji Ito's Uzumaki from the library since I wanted something fitting for the October/Halloween season and started reading it last night. I'm over halfway through it since it's a manga, so it shouldn't be too long now before I finish once I pick it back up later.
Dang, your library carries Junji Ito? The two local libraries near me are pretty small and their manga sections are laughable. It's only the most popular series that mostly teens enjoy, nothing dark or artistic.

Last edited:
Dang, your library carries Junji Ito? The two local libraries near me are pretty small and their manga sections are laughable. It's only the most popular series that mostly teens enjoy, nothing dark or artistic.
My local library doesn't have any Junji Ito works available, but my state has a system where you can order materials from the other libraries throughout the state.

As for Uzumaki, I picked it back up yesterday and today to finish it and just got done with it. The ending was bittersweet but also just feels right for the setting. Overall an enjoyable reading experience. I'm considering perhaps renting something else of Junji's out, whether it be Gyo, Tomie, or Shiver.

Back