So What Are You Reading?

Started on Joshua Key/Lawrence Hill's The Deserter's Tale yesterday and it looks good so far.

Love when I'm sick all I do is like read.. I guess it's a good thing but I wish I could keep that pace with a paperback a day almost when I don't feel sick lol

^finished above book and it was as good.. bruh go read it if you thought the Iraq war during the 2000s was a good idea..

Finished yet another Coelho; The Pilgrimage. It was good but spiralled out of control a bit too much sometimes and unless you're really into religious rites and stuff it was pretty meh.

Started on Stoner by John Williams (not it's a not a weed book lol), and it seems good so far :D

From books, I'm currently reading The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway. On a daily basis, I'm reading different e-blogs, online newspapers, and any other web pages, that I find interesting.

i'm resuming watership down after finishing up a thousand splendid suns for class. both are lovely books but a thousand splendid suns is also REALLY REALLY sad like omg everything bad that could happen in this book happens and it's pretty distressing

I'm reading The Catcher in the Rye rn for school, but I'm like halfway through Wormood, so I'll probably continue that after I finish TCitR c:

I'm currently reading Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik! It's a different take/retelling of Rumpelstiltskin and I am really enjoying it. I'm a little over halfway through at this point and I'm interested to see how things play out. I was a little worried going into it because I had heard her other novel (Uprooted) had a problematic male lead. I haven't read it though, so I can't speak for that. So far a few of the men in this book aren't fantastic but I don't think they're meant to be.

I also recently finished the Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children trilogy and it was a lot of fun! It isn't my favourite trilogy but I don't regret reading it. Before that I finished the Shades of Magic trilogy by V.E Schwab and I absolutely adored it, even when it was ripping my heart out. :p

"You're In The Wrong Bathroom": And 20 Other Myths About Transgender & Gender Noncomforming People, Before I Had The Words by Skylar Kergil, and Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero.

I'm reading "The Darkest Minds" It's the novel that the movie that is currently out (at least in Oz) is based on. IT'S SO GOOD SO FAR!!!

Re-reading On the Road by Jack Kerouac.. soooo good. Read this one gud classic guys if u haven't!!!

I just started Roanoke: Solving the Mystery of the Lost Colony by Lee Miller. It looks to be pretty good, so far.

Back