• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

So What Are You Reading?

The Most Dangerous Book about how the Germans were never conquered by The Roman Empire...

I'm Polish, German, and Cherokee Indian by the way.....

My classes wrapped up last week & I finished my finals last night, so now that I have plenty of time to read I'm finishing two books I started months ago & picking up Norwegian Wood by Murakami.

Last edited:
Currently I'm reading the 39 clues The maze of bones havent made it past 100th page but is quite interesting already

I finished A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin a couple of days ago and loved it. I really want to try the television show now. After I read Slaughter-house Five by Kurt Vonnegut and while I liked his writing style I thought the story was awful. It's been recommended to me so many times over the years and no one thought to mention time travel and aliens.

Next on my list is either going to be Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas or Red Dragon by Thomas Harris.

About 470 pages left of Stephen King's "IT", and I'm rereading the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series (currently on book #2: Rodrick Rules).
After IT, I'm going to be reading either Richard Laymon's All Hallow's Eve or Stephen King's The Green Mile or SK's Firestarter. It'll be awesome to finish the Wimpy Kid series again. :D

I'm going to read Memoirs of a Geisha after my finals week. I can't wait to get back to reading.

I am reading a book that has a very profain name so I can't type it, but it's another word for cat! It's a great book about taking that particular word back and not using as a derogatory word and it's just wonderful. If you enjoy reading books that are kind of like self help, and feminism wrapped into one, give it a read.

Next on my list is a Stephen King book, not sure which one, i've only read Carrie before, so I have MANY to choose from.

The Kite Runner.

It's for an outside reading project. I haven't gotten that far into it yet.

oh jeez that book traumatized me

anyways i'm attempting to read the count of monte cristo. i'm trying to get my hands on an unabridged version since the school library only has abridged copies, so i'm trying not to read too much yet.

Just picked up Caroline: Little House Revisited on my Kindle. I'm on vacation, so I can spend a little more time reading things I might otherwise pass on.

I'm on "book the seventh" of A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. It's a pretty good series, even if it is a bit depressing.

Last edited:
I?ve been reading the Book Thief so far. Seems to be a very emotional and interesting storyline.

I just bought a few books by Haruki Murakami today! I got The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, 1Q84, and Kafka on the Shore

I've heard both really amazing/stellar things about his books and really bad reviews of his books, but the plot descriptions, the covers and titles, and the stellar reviews honestly intrigued me enough to try them out despite some of the bad reviews. (people tend to be either hot or cold about his books tbh)

I'm starting Wind-Up, we'll see how it goes. Has anyone read any of his books before?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I’ve been reading the Book Thief so far. Seems to be a very emotional and interesting storyline.

Oh my god I just have to say, that's my favorite book genuinely of all time. And the only book I've ever read through more than one time (in fact many) and I never rewatch movies or reread books, ever

I read The Thing About Jellyfish yesterday. It was a really good middle grade novel about loss at a young age & the grief process of a younger child who fixates on jellyfish. I started reading The Wolf Wilder yesterday as well. There are a lot of good middle grade novels out nowadays that I wish had been published when I was growing up.

Finished The Aesthetics of Resistance vol. 1, that was awesome... I kinda want the two other parts in the trilogy now .. let's hope I can find them.

Also got through The Natural Order of Things by Ant?nio Lobo Antunes (had plenty of time to read the past days so yeah, and the latter one wasn't thick nor much text so). I want to like it, but he took his labyrinth writing-style a bit too far and too many layers in such a thin book so it got pretty random at times like beginning and end. The middle parts made the most sense I guess but yeah, eh... It was alright. I liked The Splendor of Portugal more if anything.

Last edited:
I am a teacher and ordered 4 books to read by my apartment pool. The One and Only Ivan just so I can talk to a student about it since I gave a copy to him to read while he visits India, The Outsider, Less, and The Subtle Art of Not Giving a *****.

Last edited:
Revenge of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz. Crazy family troubles, odd but endearing characters and mysteries! I absolutely love the Spellmans series but this is the only one I own so I'm stuck rereading it to fill the crave.

Back