• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

So What Are You Reading?

not really a bookworm, but im reading The Scarlet Letter for english class. i thought it was realllyy boring at first, but now it's kinda growing on me. i'll always dislike old books though. i hate "thou" and "thee" and weird words like "methinks"

A light novel series called "Psycome" c: I'm currently on volume 5 (the newest one to be released)

I’m reading The Goldfinch. It’s about the life of a 13 year old named Theo during the years after his mom dies in a freak accident. It’s pretty long and I’m a bit burnt out from reading it so I’m taking a break.

I also recently read The Time Machine, The Girl on the Train, and Life of Pi.

I’m reading The Goldfinch. It’s about the life of a 13 year old named Theo during the years after his mom dies in a freak accident. It’s pretty long and I’m a bit burnt out from reading it so I’m taking a break.

I also recently read The Time Machine, The Girl on the Train, and Life of Pi.

singoalla by viktor rydberg, i have to read it for swedish class. it's not very good (it Sucks) but i have to read it ):

I'm currently reading The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub. Once I finish, I'm gonna dive right into Black House, which is the sequel. I know there's supposed to be a final book, but King and Straub have yet to coordinate their schedules to make it happen.

I'll be so bummed if the trilogy remains unfinished. :'(

Anne Frank's diary.

I have a weird obsession with the war and the holocost it really makes me sad how Hitler can just so easily get away with killinh millions of innocent people and even chilldren! :O
I would really love to go to Berlin to see all the war attractions.

Glad to see this thread isn't completely dead.

Anyway, I am still slogging on through the Suicide Squad novelization because I somehow forgot that I hate reading books that I already know the endings to, and it is just.....The author seems to have nailed the Joker like I previously mentioned, but I don't feel like he's doing a very good job portraying Harley Quinn. I mean, I know she acts funny and ditzy, but Harley is a lot smarter than people give her credit for. She was a trained psychiatrist, after all, and in the comic books she continues to work as a psychiatrist in addition to her work as an anti-hero.
I also just finished reading Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott, and omg, that book destroyed me. It is about a little girl who is kidnapped, and it was made even worse because I kept imagining the narrator as being voiced by Madoka Kaname from Madoka Magica. That was pretty soul-crushing. Thankfully, it was a short read, though, and today I am going to start rereading Mother, Mother by Koren Zailckas because I never finished it the first time around.

Oh, and while I'm here, is anyone going to be participating in the 2018 Goodreads Reading Challenge?
I do it every year. I have never actually accomplished my goal of reading 50 books in one year, though. Usually because my depression throws me into a reading slump. I feel like I did well this year, though, because I managed to read 28 out of 50 books. So I am happy. I get envious, though, when I see people who have read, like, 150 books in one year. One person even said they read 365 books for the third year in a row o_O
What kind of goals will you be setting for yourself if you do plan on doing the Goodreads challenge? I will keep on pushing for 50 books.
Sorry to ramble on. I just really love books ^_^

Finally found a book I liked, I swear 90% of what's sold in shops here (unless you go to second hand ones) are just crap. Found The Splendor of Portugal by Ant?nio Lobo Antunes and started reading it last night. Hella thick but I really like it so far!

the scorch trials by james dashner

Is that better than the first one? Because I didn't finish that first book, but everyone says the others in the series are much better and I'm debating trying to finish the series before the third movies comes out.

Last edited:
I've been doing a visual novel called Tricolour Lovestory. It's good in terms of art and story, but the translation definitely needs work.

I got a book from my Secret Santa that I had been wanting. It's Writing Magic: Creating Stories that Fly by Gail Carson Levine (she wrote Ella Enchanted, among others). It's a fairly short book, but quite informative.

I started reading The Girl on the Train the other day. So far, so good!

Is that better than the first one? Because I didn't finish that first book, but everyone says the others in the series are much better and I'm debating trying to finish the series before the third movies comes out.

I personally like it more than the first one! Can't explain much about why because spoilers :)

--

i just started the death cure by james dashner

today i read long dream by junji ito. it's very good, but honestly one of my fears since it's a real thing that can happen.

Back