• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

So What Are You Reading?

primandimproper

Transgender Trainwreck
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0008-9983-6893
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Tasty Cake
Isabelle
Sorry if a thread like this already exists.

Anyway, I doubt I'm the only bookworm on the forums. At the moment, I'm reading Geekerella by Ashley Poston and Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight.

What are you guys reading?

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire S?enz

rlly good book ;'''))))

Reading a Swedish book atm by ?sa Moberg, I guess the title in English would be Adam's Book. (Adam being her partner at the time she wrote it, he's bipolar and she wrote a pretty uncensored book about it. Loving it so far (dunno if any of her works are translated into other languages.. such a shame because her language is beautiful)

Debating what to start next; I've delved into three books already lol but I can only pick one to keep going with. The World Without Us, The Warmth of Other Suns and Team of Rivals.

Kingdom Keepers. The series is amazing, if you love Disney check it out!

my dad gave me Galveston by Nic Pizzolatto out of the blue... so I'm reading that on my free time. But RIGHT NOW I'm reading "El punto de vista de la autonomia", that in english would be like "Autonomy's viewpoint" about how creatures react and interact, and how that creates autonomy witch leads to identity, and how non-living entities have identity and autonomy.

Currently reading 1984 as part of my summer homework. It's interesting so far.

AP U.S. History textbook... not too exciting haha

I'm not a bookworm but I do like to read once in a while. Been thinking about reading East of Eden. I've read 3 other works by John Steinbeck and very much enjoyed them, so I'm sure this one will be good too.

Re- reading The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss~
Still waiting for him to finish Door of Stone :'3

Last edited:
I'm a total bookworm! I'm aiming to read two books a week this year; I'm at 88 so far.

I just finished Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit by Jeanette Winterson which is kind of a modern day feminist classic about a young woman brought up in a very strict Christian home who discovers she's gay. It's fantastic.
And now I'm halfway through On The Beach by Nevil Shute which is a novel about what might happen after a nuclear war, written in the 1950s but scarily prescient today...

A Game of Thrones (for the first time!) and What the Buddha Taught. Gotta love the violence-zen combo!

Call Me by Your Name by Andr? Aciman is the book I finished a few weeks ago that really sticks out to me. Right now I'm reading History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera and it's really good too.

I'm currently reading Knife Edge by malorie Blackman. It's about race, and society. it says "not suitable for children" on the back:( it's part of a series (4 books) and this is the 2nd. I recommended it to teenagers :)

"The Blade Itself" by Joe Abercrombie. I'm all into the sci-fi books haha

I'm currently reading Silent Child on my kindle, so far I'm very undecided about what to think of the book. I hope that her misfortune goes the opposite direction after all the suffering she's experienced throughout the years. Very meaningful and powerful book, I must say.

Before, I read Behind Closed Doors which was incredibly apprehensive. It had me off my chair near enough.

I do love a lot of books that follow a depressing story line, for some reason it makes me appreciate my life more. Especially having thought that there are people out there who have it far worse than me. I take plenty of things for granted and so it's nice to take the time to value all the different aspects of my life.

I'm reading this thread. And Godless America by Todd Starnes

Last edited:
Back