• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

So What Are You Reading?

right now i'm reading the picture of dorian gray- it was originally for school but honestly i'm really rEAlly enjoying it and im planning to finish it on my own time

i'm currently reading the idiot by fyodor dostoevsky. i've been obsessed with his work for a while now. they're all pretty interesting imo.

Currently reading Jane Eyre - just finished Good Morning, Midnight, and it was really good (another notch on my dystopian belt)

Hadn't read anything in over a month due to exams at university. I celebrated the end by re-reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - which allowed me to hit my reading goal for 2017!

NJ9oBXX.png

:blush:

Last edited:
i'm glad this society still reads books lol

since it's been a year since i went to that charity place for free christmas gifts and i'm going a bit later today, might as well celebrate by reading that Adventure Time graphic novel i got there last year.

Do Webtoons and Japanese subs count?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ever since I finished school, my reading kind of decreased due to work on a serious note lol. But I want to re-read Confessions of a Not It Girl by Melissa Kantor among others

a self help book called 'the gifts of imperfection' It's really eye-opening and helping me out a lot. I'd highly recommend it to anyone struggling with perfectionism

A Storm of Swords, part 2 - it's part of the Game of Thrones series.
i watched the tv show first and loved it, so i'm working on the books now. they're really good but there are so many, it's taken me like a year to get this far omg. i haven't really read anything since i left school, so i'm tryna get back into it.

Last edited:
I am currently reading Practical Magic, albeit slowly. I'm pretty sure it was a movie at some point? The book is wonderful though, and I highly recommend it.

i haven't have the time to actually read for pleasure, but right now we're reading hunk finn for ap lang, which is always a great choice. the last thing i read for pleasure though was the knife of never letting go.

Just finished the Fault in Our Stars, so now I’m onto Will Grayson, Will Grayson. :)

Hadn't read anything in over a month due to exams at university. I celebrated the end by re-reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - which allowed me to hit my reading goal for 2017!

NJ9oBXX.png

:blush:

Tell me your secret!!! *Has never completed Goodreads challenge*

I just finished The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick. I decided I have to have my own copy because it's one of the few books that I can relate to and accurately portrays what it's like to be mentally ill.

Currently, I'm reading The Secret Life of Bees. I was really skeptical of it at first because my friend recommended it to me and the last book she recommended to me was Jane Eyre (Jane Eyre is so boring oh my god I could write an essay about how much I hated that book) but so far, it's really a really good book!!

Just finished the Fault in Our Stars, so now I’m onto Will Grayson, Will Grayson. :)

I loved Will Grayson, Will Grayson. It's the only novel I've read by John Green.

Tell me your secret!!! *Has never completed Goodreads challenge*

I just finished The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick. I decided I have to have my own copy because it's one of the few books that I can relate to and accurately portrays what it's like to be mentally ill.

Set realistic goals!! I've hit my GoodReads goal four times now - 2011 (16/15), 2015 (36/35), 2016 (54/50), and 2017 (52/52) respectively. Consistent reading habits of course help. :)

I started reading Less Than Zero by Bret Easton Ellis yesterday and I hate his writing style (even though I also write in a minimalistic style) but at the same time I'm hooked on the characters and the story. About 75% of the way through.

Last edited:
Back