• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

So What Are You Reading?

DC Comics Martian Manhunter series, currently on #5.

663643.jpg

stuff from the writers unite thread
love zombie apocalypse stories

"Vietnam at War" by Mark Philip Bradley. I'm about halfway through right now - second time reading it. I had to go through it again, I think it's been a year and change since the first time I read it and it is as tough as I remember. A lot of information to disseminate along with Vietnamese names, places, acronyms for various organisations. In A Level History we studied the Vietnam War but obviously not in as much detail as this book goes into on the subject. We really missed out most of the years between the Batttle of Dien Bien Phu and the start of physical American intervention and that is where I am up to right about now. The Gulf of Tonkin incident has just taken place so things are about to ramp up. Usually I read most on World War II but anything after is fair game and learning especially the Vietnamese angle on the war and how things were in the country during the fractured 'peace' between the separate interventions is the most interesting. The impact of the immolation of the Buddhist monks I found rather surprising.

I'm not going to recommend it since non-fiction is rarely anyone's cup of tea anyway but I really like it, when I finally finish the next book I have is one on military contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan - much more modern than I normally go.

I'm a bookworm! I've been reading a book everyday just for the heck of it (and to better my writing skills, vocabulary, etc), and plus it's a great stress reliever for me. I just finished the Six of Crows duology (hence my mayor's name heh), and I'm currently reading The Dream Thieves from the Raven Cycle Series! (its book two haha)

not reading any book at the moment but the last book i read was hamlock grove. it's a horror fiction book.

I finally finished Geekerella by Ashley Poston. It was a pretty good retelling, but I much prefer Marissa Meyer's Cinder.
And I just picked up I Believe In A Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo, which I'm reading for my book blog, and another fairytale retelling called The Wendy Project, which is a graphic novel version of Peter Pan. But, at the moment, I'm getting back to Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight, which I've been neglecting since the first few pages haven't managed to draw me in just yet. Hoping that will change soon because the summary made it sound really interesting and it received rave reviews.

I'm reading this book called The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge that I've literally owned FOR EVER but never read. Like literally I've probably had it for 12+ years. Reading it now, I wouldn't really consider it a "kid's" book. I mean, it's like a fairytale, but there's a lot of words I definitely wouldn't have understood if I had read it as a kid. Anyway, it's pretty good so far.

Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler

and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Part 8/Jojolion

I recently read The Spider & The Fly. It's about serial killer Kendall Francois and this journalist, Claudia Rowe, who was obsessed with him. It's true crime.

I'm currently reading 13 Reasons Why. I've never seen the TV show but I'm thinking about watching it when I finish the book. The tapes kinda remind me of Randy Stair's (Weis Market Shooter) suicide tapes. If you're into true crime, I recommend researching him.

I recently read The Spider & The Fly. It's about serial killer Kendall Francois and this journalist, Claudia Rowe, who was obsessed with him. It's true crime.

I'm currently reading 13 Reasons Why. I've never seen the TV show but I'm thinking about watching it when I finish the book. The tapes kinda remind me of Randy Stair's (Weis Market Shooter) suicide tapes. If you're into true crime, I recommend researching him.

I loved that book. I read it all in one sitting. The TV show is also good, but it's about 10x more depressing. I had to take long breaks in between episodes to watch it.

i just started The Bell Jar a few days ago.

The last book I finished was life of pi (which was really good :0) and I'm about to start rereading the first harry potter book in french!

Back