For some reason, my next villager will not move here...

Lanstar

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Blue Star Fragment
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Summer Shell
Blue Hybrid Rose
Love Ball
Blue Candy
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Spot.jpg

This is so strange to me: Beforehand, I checked to see if I could build a works project in a similar spot around another villager home, and I could do that. I also know that it is within its own completely uninhabited acre, too! I really don't get it, and I'm still plot resetting to get the villager moved in... And since it was the only unblocked spot, she is plotting on path patterns now.

Worse, the majority of the plot resets, she is plotting here:

Plot.jpg

This is just ridiculous. -_-

What pretty, organized pathing! Love the centre tiles :) I'm not too sure about why your villager isn't plotting there, since I don't do very specific plot resets myself. I've seen posts discussing a certain number of villager houses being allowed within a section/subsection of the map, though I'm not sure how credible that is. I hope other people can shed more light...

Last edited:
There may be too many houses in that acre/ is too close to a public works project, as those projects need 4 spaces back

or might be too close to the bridge? I'm not sure since the bridge requirement is more lenient now.

You know how you cant place a pattern in front of a villagers door? Maybe thats why... so try erasing the tile where the door space would be and it might work

Let me see...

First off, all the last villagers I path-plotted in worked regardless of the center tile being there, so I don't think that matters.

Next, I'm not sure if the bridge is the problem, as it is 2 spaces away from the entrance. I would be creepy if that was the issue, though.

Lastly, I'm finding while Plot resetting, sometimes the plot will move 1 space left and down - and even closer to the next building, which is Retail...

I'm still plot resetting, and am willing to move her one space to the left as the best alternative - but I have yet to see her move that way...

Is there a way to redo the path patterns before the plot resetting on the day she's moving, or is that impossible? I still haven't moved her in yet, and it would save me the pain from Rover. (I have been at it for 9 hours now, and my hands are hurting now. >.<)

Is there a way to redo the path patterns before the plot resetting on the day she's moving, or is that impossible? I still haven't moved her in yet, and it would save me the pain from Rover. (I have been at it for 9 hours now, and my hands are hurting now. >.<)

yes, there is! stop plot resetting, close the game down, and use you system settings (NOT isabelle) to change the date back one day. the villager will not have started plotting yet and nothing has changed from the real day before. you can change up paths and then save and quit. use system settings to get back to the right day again, and resume plot resetting. your new paths should be in place :)

best of luck that you find a good spot for your villager- i know how awful plot resetting feels after hours and hours of it ;;;

yes, there is! stop plot resetting, close the game down, and use you system settings (NOT isabelle) to change the date back one day. the villager will not have started plotting yet and nothing has changed from the real day before. you can change up paths and then save and quit. use system settings to get back to the right day again, and resume plot resetting. your new paths should be in place :)

best of luck that you find a good spot for your villager- i know how awful plot resetting feels after hours and hours of it ;;;

Oh you are a total town savior!

NewPlot.jpg

I cannot thank you enough for this information. It was getting so tense!

Thank you so much for telling me that! With that time trick I managed to put the villager to the next best spot.

Back