• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Yo-Kai Watch!

noxephi

Nintendon't
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I know it isn't super huge outside of Japan, but I'm pretty fond of the yokai watch series. anybody else here familiar with it? I'd love to strike up some conversations on this thread! :D

Yeah, I play it. I only finished Yokai Watch 1 and only started 2. I'm in Season 3 of the subbed anime. I also own the first Yokai Watch. I personally like it more than pokemon.

I like the amount of Japanese culture in it. Unfortunately the English translation takes a lot of this out, and I'm not so fund the way they translated the jokes as well as the puns in the names of Yokai. I also hate that a lot of songs didn't get translated.

I do find the game kind of repetitive at times, but it has an interesting world and such.

My favorite yokai are Gurerurin/Rough Raff, Aniki/Bruff, Komasan, Warunyan/Badinyan, Bushinyan/Shogunyan, U.S.O./Failian, MitoMEN/Nosirs, Rimokonkakushi/Count Zapaway and many others.

I used to be a bit of a YW fan myself a while ago which is why I had an alt account on YouTube named _shogunstar_, but I've lost interest in the series since I'm unable to watch it (due to lack of time and not using TV). I was going to get Yo-Kai Watch 2 on the 3DS though. I will admit my favourite Yo-Kai are Shogunyan, Robonyan and Jibanyan.

yes pls, i played the first and second game on ds. i got lucky on my first run and i got robonyan so that helped, but i did use the "cheat" (not really a cheat if the game allows you to do it) where you get coins and run it up in the crank-a-kai, and you basically get free s ranks. shadow venoct stuck with me most of my run, but i did get a run where i got cruncha, frostail, shadow venoct, count cavity, goldenyan, etc. it was amazing but the game got really easy. still cool though.

Back