• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favourite video game remake

Weiland

Flick Fanboy 🦎💞
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7046-6089-3415
What is your favourite video game remake? I just got Crash Bandicoot for PS4 and I'm loving the nostalgia trip. What do you guys think of it if you've played it?

My favourite video game remake is Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. I bet Echoes will now be the remake name of video games lol. I also really like Animal Crossing GCN (since it's technically a remake of Animal Forest+). Can't forget FireRed/LeafGreen or HeartGold/SoulSilver either!

Last edited:
I never played Gaiden, but Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is definitely one of my favorite Fire Emblem games now! Wind Waker HD is also really nice, especially since it sped up sailing and made the triforce shard quest a little less tedious. speaking of Zelda, I also really enjoy the 3ds remake of Ocarina of Time!

MK8 Deluxe. Even though it's legit the same thing and kinda pointless. Only remake I have ;D

Resident Evil remake for the Gamecube. MASSIVE upgrade in my opinion.

Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver and Kirby Super Star Ultra. I can't think of an explanation for why right now...

I have a list:

- Animal Crossing: City Folk / Let's Go to the City. While I know it's not an exact remake, it does feel like an enhanced remake of Wild World. In my opinion it is WAY better than Wild World.

- Fable Anniversary. I LOVED the original Fable and Fable: The Lost Chapters. When this was announced, I almost exploded of sheer happiness. My only issue is that the character models look kinda weird, to the point where I prefer the original's character models.

- Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy. Haven't played this one but I've seen reviews (legit ones, not ones that compare it to Dark Souls) and it looks amazing.

- Pokemon LeafGreen and FireRed. Amazing remakes and way better than the originals which were flawed and broken (Yellow is still my favourite though just because of nostalgia, but I don't think it's anywhere as good as anything from Gen 2 or later).

- Black Mesa. Don't know if this one really counts since it's fan-made, but you can buy it on Steam. I love the original Half-Life, even moreso than Half-Life 2 and the remake does pretty much everything right minus the music (wish they kept the original soundtrack).

Last edited:
Right now Final Fantasy Zodiac Age, remake of 12. I loved that game on PS2 and played for hours. It's bringing back happy memories:).

FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver were both sooo good, they added just the right amount of new content (and ofc fixed broken game mechanics) while keeping the nostalgia factor. Perfect remakes. My one gripe with HG/SS was that they replaced Kris but what's-her-name grew on me eventually.

I can't even think of any other remakes I've actually played lol I don't usually care about them.. does the "HD" Wind Waker on Wii-U count as a remake? x.x

The Pokemon remakes are really good, all of them. I don't have much experience with remakes beyond that, because most so-called remakes are just remastered ports (The Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, etc.).

HGSS I think was amazing, that game is still so much fun today and it's so pretty.

Super Mario 64 DS is quite possibly the best remake I've played so far. Despite the lack of proper analog controls, the game not only feels like an improvement over the N64 classic, but it also expands from the base game.

The standard controls work fairly well despite the lack of analog stick, the camera system is better implemented, the wall-jumping mechanic is easier and more intuitive to execute, the aesthetics are nicer looking and they added quite a lot of content pertaining to the gameplay.

Back