• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I'm stressed out with my Villagers.

theGoomy

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I have nothing against them, I just do not want them in my town, but even ignoring them, they never leave my town and this is making me very frustrated. It's been almost 10 days that I ignore 4 villagers.

In fact, I just want to move Moose to choose a new place for him to live in because the current one is really messing with the way I want to build my town, and it's killing me to ignore him, but it seems like nothing makes him want to leave the town . I'm afraid to do TT, it seems a little "wrong" to me and I see a lot of people saying they lost Villagers doing it too. I do not know what to do.

Ignoring villagers doesn't work every time.There are too many variables in the game for one method for moving out villagers to work consistently.There is a safe way to time travel but it requires patience:

-Wait until a villager you want to keep pings to move.Ask them to stay then save and quit.Now you can safely time travel forward without losing any villagers.
-Time travel five days forward.Save and quit.
-Time travel five days backwards.Time traveling backwards counts as only one day,so you would have time traveled a total of six days(if you TT more than seven days your villagers will notice and start bugging you about why they haven't seen you around).
-Walk around your town and see if anybody pings to move.Your mover will always be outside walking around the town.If a villager pings but it's not about moving,make a note of who else is walking around outside,then save and quit.Go back into your town and walk around again and keep an eye out for any villagers you saw outside previously.If you don't get any pings to move then TT forward or backward a day and look for a mover again.Sometimes it will take an extra day or two to find the mover but it's usually in the 5 to 8 day range.

The key is to only TT after asking a moving villager to stay.The game won't designate another mover until you start up your town again.I'ved used this method for a long time and I've never lost a villager.Also,it really helps if you have the Beautiful Town ordinance in effect...unless you want a lot of weeds for a weeding badge.

Oooor talk to that one vill you want to keep till they say "go away :) i need to think" now if one of those things they said was "did you hear Villager is thinking of leaving!" Now if this is someone you want to keep say no if not then yeeees if no one wants to move then tt to the nexr day and repeat! Its worked for me and eloise tia and agent s havent moved out yet!

But when do I know it will ping when you want to move? Because every time it happened, I thought it was time for him to move, but they were only interested in something that was in my pocket, or give me a nickname ... And this happened to the 4 that I'm ignoring ... Or pushing them to holes ... -_-

I'm still afraid to use TT, but when I have time, I'll try to do as you said. Thank you.

The gossip method also works well (better for me, since I'm not good with keeping track of who's outside when). Instead of walking around for pings, choose a villager you like and talk to them 10+ times until they refuse to talk to you anymore. If someone wants to move that day, the villager you spoke to will likely tell you that "x is thinking about moving." Keep in mind that the villager you're talking to could still want to move, but since you're talking to them, they won't tell you "I'm thinking about moving." Instead, you can safely TT an hour or two and check if they ping you (that way you only have to deal with 1 villager). Since you'll be constantly speaking to that villager, you'll almost always be on speaking/ping-able terms with them.

But the most important rule (as Nunnafinga said) is do not TT for a lot of days (I'd say more than 4-5) unless you have just denied someone's ping to move.

If you plan not to TT, then you'll just have to wait. You said it's been 10 days - well maybe someone has already decided to move, but since you're ignoring them, they won't ping you. Say they decided to move 5 days ago... They can take a week or more to actually move out. So be patient! :)

Last edited:
So I talk a lot to a Villager I like, until he does not want to talk about anything anymore, okay. And then afterwards he'll "gossip" to me that someone wants to move, that sounds great.

About TT, I'm going to try to avoid for a few more days until some villager warns me that he's going to move and then I'll do the TT so he can move faster, is that it?

Still I will try not to do TT, my only problem has been to make them move from my town. If a villager warns me that he wants to move, I will accept that he does it and just wait until he moves.

Just talk to them a little and they'll ask to move out eventually !

I watched a video on youtube that said, basically, NOT to talk to them, completely ignore them until they ask to move. I've been doing it ever since. That hitting them does not help, nor throwing them into holes, just ignores them.

I do not visit them in their homes, I only refuse to ping items, nicknames and so on. I can not tell if this is really working, but it seems not.

Back