• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Have you met your twin?

Have you met your 'twin'?

• Total voters

Zerous

beep boop
Apple 🍎
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
2944-5199-8685
Plum Blossom
Green Alien Plush
Spring Bloom Easter Egg
Dino Plush
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Daisy Easter Egg
Dragonscale Easter Egg
う
Zipper Sakura
Pink Hybrid Lily
So today I was at the shopping centre to buy a birthday present and as I was walking out of Target, the girl standing at the edge of the store (to check bags, etc.) caught my attention.
She looked almost identical to me!
I told my mum about it later, (she was at the shops with me) and she said that she agreed that she looked like me. At first, she almost walked towards her before realising that she wasn't her daughter. XD

So have any of you guys met your 'twins' before? Or do you literally have a twin? And if so, how similar do you look?​

My best mate at school, we looked like bloody copies of each other, only difference is that I'm taller. That was how we became friends really, she came up to me and was like 'yo we look alike' and I just couldn't get rid off her XD

I was quite annoying thou as everyone kept asking if were twins or sisters. Trolled a couple of people with that lol

I have a fraternal twin if that counts?

I've never met my doppelganger in real life, I've seen people in videos who look pretty similar to me though. This idea has always interested me since I've read a bunch of weird stories about things relating to people meeting their doppelganger.

nope
but i've had people tell me i look like some other random girl that happened to be passing by
just cause we're both asian

nope, but my friends have run into people that look like me :') to the point where as a joke in a project we're working on one of the side quests is to find all 516 clones of me lmfao

I haven't met my twin yet but recently a friend texted me asking if I have a cousin with red hair because he saw someone who looked similar to me but with red hair and not brown

Yes but just a for a second. In fact it's other people who noticed first. I was in school and a girl I didn't know asked me if I had fun at the party the previous night and I was confused because, I had stayed home all night and really didn't know her, then later in the day, a friend of mine was pissed off at me because I had ignored her while she was talking to me, and really, it was the first time I was seeing her that day, then she asked me why I had changed of clothes...I was really confused and wondering what was going on, it's just when I left school that I saw her, we were going in opposite directions and walking fast but she looked just like me, it's was creepy.

And also on the internet, once I saw a pic of someone who was almost identical to me, I showed the pic to friends telling them it was me and they all believed it.

Last edited:
There are at least 3 people at my school who look like me & I get professors who I've never had before welcoming me back to their classes. Apparently I have a common face/height because I have friends in different states tell me they see people who look like me/an older version of me all the time.

I haven't met the person but freshman year of college my friend and I were watching this Korean game show and a girl in the audience was literally my twin. She was even wearing an outfit that I would wear! It was crazy. But, it makes sense - there are what, 7 billion people in the world? You're bound to look like at least one other person if not more.

I guess there is someone who lives near me who looks very similar and I guess even sounds a lot like me, my sister had met her at her last job and one of my co-workers swears up and down they've seen me where they used to work at a Rent-A-Center where I have never stepped foot. So I guess she's out there and live nearby. I had a friend growing up who looked similar to me when we were younger and out birthday's were a few days apart so we used to pretend we were twins.

My boyfriend is a twin, but he's paternal and him and his brother aren't close like most twins and don't really look that much alike besides being tall and skinny...

My sister's friends keep on saying how similar we look like to each other, I'm nearly as tall as her and I'm 5 years younger :)

No, I can't say I've met someone who looks identical to me. I have come across some who look sort of like myself but not quite exactly the same. Isn't it quite frightening to believe that there is someone out there who looks exactly like you? It's haunting me now.

Back