Opinion on marijuana

I smoke it regularly, so for it lol It's legal here in California finally too ;)
It's funny, I know people who drink regularly but are very anti-weed, when alcohol is much more dangerous :rolleyes:

It can have some negative effects on some people but generally tends to be neutral or beneficial. Even if you disagree with it, people will get their hands on it anyway, so making it legal will make it safer to buy and more controlled. Plus, if it's taxed properly, it will benefit local communities and the country as a whole.

I recently saw an excellent documentary on if marijuana should be legalised. About 50 minutes long - UK viewers only unless you're going through a proxy, unfortunately: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p058dgnq/professor-green-is-it-time-to-legalise-weed

i don't really have any strong feelings on it. as mentioned by a lot of people already in this thread, there's a lot of benefits to it which is fantastic! so the medical use for it is pretty cool. and i don't really care if people choose to smoke it, it's whatever to me

Not a big fan of it. For medical purposes it's fine. I don't know much about it so I can't say for sure on recreational... I'm sure it smells awful though...

I don't care if people use it but I wouldn't be able to date someone who uses it. My father was addicted to it and now I live in a broken home because of marijuana.

all the stoners I know you would never know, because that is not a smart topic to casually talk about LOL.

how is it not a smart topic to casually talk about? yeah its dumb and kind of annoying. just like that one friend who wont stop talking about their bf/gf type. but its legal where im at so talking about being a stoner isnt gonna get them arrested.

Absolutely fine with it. I used to be skeptic because I was worried about health issues and stuff, but I did my research about it and now I am 100% fine.

How do you feel about it?
Do you care if it is legal?
Should it be legal for medical use?
Thoughts on recreational use?

Do you smoke or know someone who does?

I feel pretty indifferent to it.

I dont think I care if its legal. I do think it turns some people into dopes, but I enjoy alcohol more and alcohol can be a lot worse. So I figure people should be able to do what they want, though I am very against harder drugs.

Legal for medical use? Well it is in some places, and doctors know more than I do. I can see how it would be beneficial in some cases, and when you have other drugs that are a lot worse being scripted out like candy I really cant see why pot wouldnt be legal for medical use. However I think most meds are over-prescribed period and it leads to a culture of "I have to have this drug to function" when I truly believe a healthy diet and exercise and a little bit of honesty with yourself and looking in the mirror is the best cure for things like depression, anxiety, apathy etc.

Recreational use? Same as alcohol in my book. I have enjoyed both, I've gone a bit overboard with both. So who am I to say it shouldnt be. I'd be pissed if prohibition came back, so why not let people smoke pot? I smoke cigarettes, and like a drink, weed isnt really any different. So sure, let it be legal. Why the hell not?

I used to smoke it almost every day in my early-mid 20's. No negative side effects besides maybe laziness, but I never missed a day of work because of it. Again, like alcohol, it should be a personal thing. Sure I've forgotten to call people on their birthdays, let it give me a "ah fu*k it" attitude towards things, wasnt really good for me PERSONALLY, but sure as hell didnt ruin my life. So it should be a personal choice and left to the individual to decide if they want to use it. I know some extremely successful and hard working people who smoke it occasionally. I know the "stoner culture" thing, some people find it obnoxious, some people embrace it and make it a big part of their life and conversations. But thats kids period. You see the same thing with college age kids who drink. IF you mature, you grow out of that.

Overall I'm really indifferent. It was never hard to get even though it is totally illegal in my state. Honestly I dont think changing the laws is going to have a big impact on anything. People who want to use it will find it and do so. I got no problem with that. I've never had anybody I knew who smoked marijuana steal from me. EVERY person I've known that has used meth or heroin or benzos or painkillers has been toxic. All have stolen, and lied, and been a drag on everybody around them.

Pot is the least of anybodies worries.

No one has ever died from marijuana consumption so I say why not. I love the feeling of relaxation and warm comfort it gives

Fun fact: Weed has absolutely 0 negative side effects if you smoke it over the age of 25.

Yet we have cigarettes legal with people addicted to it and causing many more issues.

Last edited:
How do you feel about it?
I have mixed feelings, I would never do it myself but have nothing against people who do.
Do you care if it is legal?
Not really. It's legal here and I've definitely seen a spike. Not only in the legal use but the illegal use(by minors) since it's legalization.
Should it be legal for medical use?
Of course. I know it has a lot of benefits for many illnesses.
Thoughts on recreational use?
Go for it, but I wouldn't do it. So don't pressure me into it. K thanks.
Do you smoke or know someone who does?
I don't but my family does. My boyfriend used to and I had a problem with it so he doesn't anymore. =]

I smoke it regularly, so for it lol It's legal here in California finally too ;)
It's funny, I know people who drink regularly but are very anti-weed, when alcohol is much more dangerous :rolleyes:

but they get belligerent drunk and cant even remember what they were doing the night before! lol

I dont get what the huge deal about it is
it should be like any other prescription medication

We have pills legal that can potentially cause harm to us rather than help,
we have cigarettes legal which 100% definitely will kill you slowly,
we have alcohol legal which cause deaths and addiction all the time but weed for some reason is some huge deal? Why?
All the other things I mentioned are drugs/contain drugs.

I guess since it alters your state of mind and can be mixed with other stuff , making going on the road as harmful as alcohol but... not all the time? and that mainly happens bc people have to buy from shady dealers BC its illegal and wont ALWAYS know what exactly youre getting
or because it smells and can cause disturbances, but once again, CIGARETTES also have this effect & its treated casually,
and once again, ALCOHOL is legal and causes problems all the time shrug
Tbh id rather just replace both with weed or something, even though i dont even smoke, i hate the other 2 things more than weed :))

Last edited:
I know a few people who use it illegally and honestly, I really don't care much. I'm not interested in it myself but I believe it should be legal both medically and recreational uses. Ultimately, I feel it's the person's fault if they misuse and overuse. Alcohol hasn't been banned again, and it's still legalized yet it still has caused many deaths due to drunk behavior. We blame the person, not the substance. I believe that's how it should be when it comes to marijuana as well.

I know a few people who use it illegally and honestly, I really don't care much. I'm not interested in it myself but I believe it should be legal both medically and recreational uses. Ultimately, I feel it's the person's fault if they misuse and overuse. Alcohol hasn't been banned again, and it's still legalized yet it still has caused many deaths due to drunk behavior. We blame the person, not the substance. I believe that's how it should be when it comes to marijuana as well.

Exactly.

Some people I know, smoke every once in a while, or buy smaller bags when they get paid each check. Some people I know also blow their whole check on it, and that's all they do aside from working, or school, or whatever it is they do.

And if they don't have a job, or money, they will bum off of everybody else, or you will see them at every party trying to get some free hand outs.

I've always been ok with people using it for medical reasons but for some reason for most of my life I was really against it for recreational use. Recently I've become more open to it though and less judgmental. I'll probably never try it myself though, I absolutely HATE the smell, it makes me sick to my stomach.

I dont condone the use of it, but I'm pretty pro on it. I absolutely hate the stench of it but marijuana really hasn't even killed anyone, the cigarettes do. And that's why I'm confused on why in the US that weed is illegal but cigarettes aren't, meanwhile cigarettes are killing many people of all ages but weed hasn't. just don't get why cigarettes and alcohol are legal when they can do some serious damage but weed really doesn't do any harm.

Back