Opinion on marijuana

I'm all about legalization, y'know, mainly because the opposite of legalizing it is criminalizing it, which ends up putting people behind bars for a victimless "crime." Mostly black and brown people as modern drug laws were created to give politicians the ability to lock up POC and [progressives]. Let's not forget that. I mean, think about having to be put in jail for drinking a beer. People have been given years of jail for just smoking a joint. This was never looking out for the public, either, it’s a control mechanism in the war on POC and [progressives]. There was also the money aspect in prevention of legalization - hemp production threatens many industries such as paper and clothes production because it’s more available and flexible.

Also on the flipside, it's beneficial, as marijuana provides pain relief and multiple medical benefits that allow patients to avoid opiates. People can experience similar benefits without the physical destruction and physical dependency. So comparing weed to heroin and oxy are like comparing a firecracker to dynamite. This is a whole thing on its positives, since it's listed better than I can list 'em.

I've also used it myself(legally, I'm in CA), yeah, and it helps since I'm going through some stressful times right now. That's all my input.

Last edited:
Also on the flipside, it's beneficial, as marijuana provides pain relief and multiple medical benefits that allow patients to avoid opiates. People can experience similar benefits without the physical destruction and physical dependency. So comparing weed to heroin and oxy are like comparing a firecracker to dynamite. This is a whole thing on its positives, since it's listed better than I can list 'em.

I forgot to mention this in my previous post, deaths relating to opiates and opioids are at an all-time high right now. Yet they never seem to garner the same attention.

It should be legal but since it's not legal in New Jersey I try to avoid it. It can obvi be dangerous but you gotta be safe when doing it

I think it should be legal both recreational and medical, within certain parameters and such

Used to do it socially back in high school,
but haven't done it much since breaking up with the guy who got me into it.

Oh and yeah, I vote "legalize"
Only true reason why it isn't is because they can't tax it I think.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention this in my previous post, deaths relating to opiates and opioids are at an all-time high right now. Yet they never seem to garner the same attention.

I know someone who was on heroin & suboxone, and his PO would let him slide if he had marijuana in his pee, because it kept him away from harder drugs-- but still got him high.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Used to do it socially back in high school,
but haven't done it much since breaking up with the guy who got me into it.

Oh and yeah, I vote "legalize"
Only true reason why it isn't is because they can't tax it I think.

They can tax it, they would tax it like cigarettes. It's because of the medication industry, they would be really hurt by it.

Example:
Person has cancer, person takes medicine to help cancer, cancer medicine has horrible side effects--- solution? prescribe more medicine. It is a business tactic and they don't actually care. some people actually die because chemotherapy is too harsh for their bodies...

It is legal here. That's pretty cool, but it should be legal on the federal level for the US. People shouldn't be getting fired or disqualified for not passing drug tests for something that is legal in the state. :D

It is legal here. That's pretty cool, but it should be legal on the federal level for the US. People shouldn't be getting fired or disqualified for not passing drug tests for something that is legal in the state. :D

America is pretty ****ed. I've been out of work for 3 weeks over a prescription pill I have been taking since age 10. That is ten years of taking a pill and a doctors note wasn't enough to let me stay. Even let em know before I took the drug test, and they sent me home after a month and a half of working. I was able to find a job within that time but I lost that one (family owned bull**** place is sketchy af anyways) for no given reason. but I am literally not able to work because of a PRESCRIPTION for my adhd.. LMAO I wonder if this will happen anywhere else that drug tests, hope not. They're lucky I have one more check coming in, and that I am only 20 with no bills....!!! Gotta find something that doesn't drug test for the time being because going through this again would literally make me feel like that "different" kid who has to take pills to function "normal" all over again.

People that talk about it all the time and "weed culture" are terrible. Legalizing it wouldn't hurt but I have no interest in using.

Love it <3 lol but in all seriousness, I'm for it. It has a significant medicinal and manufacture use that we are completely missing out on due to the prohibition of it. Not only does the medicinal factor help many people with issues from seizures to chronic pain to depression and anxiety, but the hemp fibers hold a HUGE benefit that we ignore.
We could be putting hemp in our lotion, our rope, paper, clothes, etc. and have another resource at our disposal.
Not only that, but I enjoy the recreational areas of marijuana as well. Keep in mind that everyone is different so this is not meant to apply to every situation, but in MY experience weed is a great way to come together and connect. My smoke buddies always know the rules of the circle and basic common courtesy. It's a good way to meet people you would normally never speak to.
Last but not least, the art aspect. Head shops are cool because you can see all the different, beautiful pieces of glass artwork.
Everything is unique and it's really cool to see what cool pieces your friends have.

But hey, that's just me. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It's illegal in the UK, although not strongly enforced, you can get fined or even months to years in prison for possession. I'm for legilisation. As many people have said I don't think it should be criminalised while alcohol and harmful prescription drugs are legal.

I don't smoke it, but I have in the past and I know people who do often. People are going to smoke it, whether it is legal or not, it's better to just legalise and control it, rather than have drug dealers dealing it, leading to way more problems than needed.

I understand that alcohol, cigarettes, and prescription drugs are multi-million (even billion?) pound industries, so they're not going to change the laws on them, despite how many lives they take. I understand that legalisation comes with a lot of time and effort, but it''s worth it in my opinion. Legalise it for 18+ (like alcohol and cigarettes) or even 21+, and sell it in certain licences shops. I'd call it harm reduction.

I'm all about legalization, y'know, mainly because the opposite of legalizing it is criminalizing it, which ends up putting people behind bars for a victimless "crime." Mostly black and brown people as modern drug laws were created to give politicians the ability to lock up POC and [progressives]. Let's not forget that. I mean, think about having to be put in jail for drinking a beer. People have been given years of jail for just smoking a joint. This was never looking out for the public, either, it?s a control mechanism in the war on POC and [progressives]. There was also the money aspect in prevention of legalization - hemp production threatens many industries such as paper and clothes production because it?s more available and flexible.

I've also used it myself(legally, I'm in CA), yeah, and it helps since I'm going through some stressful times right now. That's all my input.
This sums it up perfectly.

I think there is so much evidence that points towards it being a life-saving medication in many cases, and it needs to stop being treated like it's a drug more so than most things are drugs (like when people act like it's worse than caffeine or alcohol). I also don't really believe in policing what people do with their bodies, even if it wasn't a good medication and was actively harmful to your body, it's still your body. I feel like it should be fully de-criminalized.

Back