• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Time for my monthly Spring cleaning, or in this case end of Summer cleaning

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I do a spring cleaning every month, whenever I get that far. During it, I go through my storage and clean out anything I don't need or want, get rid of duplicates and clean up my town of items I dropped throughout the month and never went back to get. Like right now, I have a whole bunch of clothes sitting in front of my train station.

Just like in real life, this isn't fun but it's got to be done.

Rip
Luckly ive already organized my stuff so im good!

I feel you. Diamond is completely covered in items I either bought and had people drop off or just random junk I dumped on the ground because I needed pocket space. I really should clean up a bit. Lol.

It's not just junk on the ground though, I have clothes, furniture, fossils, ores, tools, fruit, you name it, I got it, thrown haphazardly into my inventory and secret storage. Often times, 3 or 4 of the same items too. i just buy everything in the stores without knowing whether I have the items already or not.

I do this too but I just do it when ever I feel like instead of keeping a schedule. I usually just organize my clothes, sort through my mail, fix my house. I did this in WW too.

(Maybe I shouldn't post but I just can't help it.) Just like in real life I keep up with it regularly so it never gets that way. I have learned over the years that I hate the stress of the mess more than I dislike having to keep up with it every day!

Eh my general pattern of cleaning on acnl is weird. I drop fossils by retail or on the way to retail on a bridge. Then like once a week I clean them up an put them in storage. Then maybe once I month I bother to get them actually identified. I don't actually look for fossils anymore it's just ones I come across.
Next to that I pile bush starts by retail.
Maybe once every two weeks to a month I'll clean out and go through my storage as well. Maybe every two months. I get really really lazy about it.
Plus o haven't been playing acnl very much lately.
Not really sure why, it's not like I'm busy or anything.

I have to do this every so often too because I'm just a terrible hoarder. Items that I know I'll never use and that I don't even like, doesn't matter let's just put them in the cupboard. And turnips. I'm terrible for buying turnips and then forgetting to resell them so I just end up with a cupboard full of rotting vegetables :S

I rarely clear out stuff, I think I'm a quite organised person. I have nothing on the ground by my train station or plaza. :)

Last edited:
It took me about an hour to do. i made a good chunk of bells too from selling duplicate items, it was about 50k bells.

Now I can load up my game today and change Elizza's outfit without going through fifteen pages just to find one shirt.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm not an organized person at all.
Right now, I have things all organized but it will be messy again in about a week.

Back