• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know my life is getting better but it really feels like it's getting worse. Can't wait until I'm on my own in college...

My life's been through the wringer on three major occasions in my life (I don't want to talk about them), I've managed to persevere through the hardships and I've been made better because of them. Now I can look and smile, seeing what I've made it through, and looking toward the future with positivity.

I don't know about falling apart, but I live in and am stuck in a toxic household due to money, don't have options to save money at all really. Can't always afford food so I go without. Need medical help/glasses/dentist word but go without. But I mean I have a much better situation than most people. So I make do.

I'd comment and share my current situation, but the first post discouraged me from doing so.

To everyone else: Stay strong. You can overcome anything!

My life was always bad, but it's gotten progressively better over the last two years.

I can tell you a secret.
You can go to school, go shopping, vacations might be a bit hard but not impossible, without your dad.
I had way worse family situation, got away from home as soon as I'm 16, and have been affording myself since then.
It feels so amazing to live myself 'cause I'm free.

.....no, you don't get it.
You must of been working right? And only paying for yourself. My mom doesn't work, we barely have enough to rent a house. We're living in a $300 apartment. 6 people in a 3 person apartment.
And I my dad dies, my mom will have to take all four kids in the car to school, including my baby brother who always throws up, because she doesn't trust us taking the bus or walking, she has to raise all of us on her own, we won't have money for ourselves, all going to taxes, bills, gas, rent, food.....it will be hell. My mom already has gone through so much pain and stress in her life, you think she can go through THIS? No. she's tired of it. Might as well say hello to the foster care I'm gonna be at sometime soon.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Jesus christ you people think everything will be fine in my life soon....nothing in my life has been fine. Everything gets worse and worser until me and my family die. You're all blessed that you don't have such a big and poor family, even if you are poor, you don't have a big family to pay and take care of. You can easily find money for just yourself, like working as a cashier or dishwasher. It's not that hard. But it's gonna be hard for my family, me and my siblings are young, if my sisters were older then it could be a bit easier, but no, my mom is gonna have to take care of 4 children all alone soon. :( just remember that most of you are more fortunate than my family.

No? I've been affording 2 people, not by doing a cashier. One of those who I love and have been taking care of has incurable disease. You'd say wow no this must be a joke! if you see the bill I've been paying for him. I don't think I need to talk further bout my personal stuff since it's not the place to spread negativity?
You know what.
It's easy to grieve for yourself. But, it doesn't give you anything happy. I was just too lazy to keep grieving.
The moment you think you're the poorest, you're the poorest.
There are really lots of nice things while you're alive. I hope you find any of those things soon.

I think I'm better off now than I was a few months ago, I think things are getting better.

My life is pretty bad at the moment:
I recently nearly lost my mum to breast cancer and had to take time of work as no one at work cared that it was obvious how much emotional pain I was in.

Now I have a problem with my right kidney causing a lot of pain and was even hospitalised with it but I still don't know what was wrong. Again no one at work cares, they all knew I was in hospital and not one person asked me if I was ok.
My so called only friend hasn't checked on me since I left the hospital nearly 7 weeks ago, if i tell them how I'm feeling they just ignore me and it's been like that for a long time constantly ignoring me, never wanting to do anything with me and if we make plans they're constantly letting me down.

I swear the only ones who care about me and would notice if I'm gone are my current villagers which is why I've been playing ACNL so much more lately.

I really just feel invisible.

We're all going through our sorrows, and having a very difficult time in our life one way or another. None of us are alone in this.
I'll keep mine brief. My mum had a stroke in 09, and since then has been half paralyzed. Had brain surgery and has difficulties. Even died at a point but miraculously came back somehow. Since all this, to this day, I've been her caretaker. Starting to bathe my own mother at 16-17 has done some things to me mentally. She was my best friend, still is. When she had her stroke (and stuck at the hospital and nursing home for many months) I've been living with my granparents. Very judgemental people. Well, religious. Since I no longer go to church (started because I have to keep an eye on mum) and not becoming something big like a doctor or lawyer, I'm not worth being the "prize" they want to show off anymore. Everything has been taken away from me when I had to move in with them, including my cats. In the end, my social anxiety has gotten worse since my childhood, and even attempted suicide with no success. My friend (now boyfriend) was the one who saved me.
I'm typing this now on a phone while we're getting his car fixed (during solar eclipse, pretty cool but scary lol). He's the love of my life, and other than my mum (who I'm afraid to open up to as she can't handle stress very well anymore), he's the light of my dark. We've been together for 5.5 years, and plan to marry.
However, the light I go to everyday, is moving away soon to Oklahoma City, states away (family reasons). I have no money to see him. I'm past sadness: it's straight devastation. I'll be lonely again.
So, all I'm good for is taking care of my mother. It's really scarred me. I'd add more, but wouldn't be appropriate for the site.

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation and my heart goes out to you and your family. I will pray for your father's health, it is truly heartbreaking what is going on in your life right now. Although it seems dim, there are always going to be chance possibilities that things may become better, so even though hope is not there for you at the moment I hope you will be able to find it soon.

Have you considered getting help from a professional? If possible, see if you can schedule an appointment with your family doctor and discuss seeing a psychiatrist. (they will diagnose you, and from there you should be able to see a counselor/therapist/etc.) Or if family doctor isn't an option do you think you'd be able to receive help from a school counselor? Since you are young it might be difficult to do these things without the help of your mother, but discussing this further with her seems important.

I don't want to seem like I'm meddling but as someone who has also suffered similarly I do think seeking help will benefit you. After getting diagnosed and starting a healing process I've improved a lot, and I hope you will be able to receive the same benefits.

Again, I'm so sorry for your circumstances and I hope you will be able to find peace.

Last edited:
We're all going through our sorrows, and having a very difficult time in our life one way or another. None of us are alone in this.
I'll keep mine brief. My mum had a stroke in 09, and since then has been half paralyzed. Had brain surgery and has difficulties. Even died at a point but miraculously came back somehow. Since all this, to this day, I've been her caretaker. Starting to bathe my own mother at 16-17 has done some things to me mentally. She was my best friend, still is. When she had her stroke (and stuck at the hospital and nursing home for many months) I've been living with my granparents. Very judgemental people. Well, religious. Since I no longer go to church (started because I have to keep an eye on mum) and not becoming something big like a doctor or lawyer, I'm not worth being the "prize" they want to show off anymore. Everything has been taken away from me when I had to move in with them, including my cats. In the end, my social anxiety has gotten worse since my childhood, and even attempted suicide with no success. My friend (now boyfriend) was the one who saved me.
I'm typing this now on a phone while we're getting his car fixed (during solar eclipse, pretty cool but scary lol). He's the love of my life, and other than my mum (who I'm afraid to open up to as she can't handle stress very well anymore), he's the light of my dark. We've been together for 5.5 years, and plan to marry.
However, the light I go to everyday, is moving away soon to Oklahoma City, states away (family reasons). I have no money to see him. I'm past sadness: it's straight devastation. I'll be lonely again.
So, all I'm good for is taking care of my mother. It's really scarred me. I'd add more, but wouldn't be appropriate for the site.

I am sorry about that :( hope and wishes to your mother's health ❤️

You are an absolutely beautiful daughter and I hope only good things come toward you. Praying for your mom, and I hope one day you will be able to visit your boyfriend. Please don't forget your self worth, I think you're beyond spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back