• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh i'm so sorry to hear about your situation, that's really sad :'c
i don't have any advice for that, but i also have social anxiety & I have since I was maybe 12? (im 20 years old now)
I was shy my whole life, so idk at what point it became an anxiety disorder but I legit dropped out of school because of it, 8th grade was horrible for me everyone called me "the girl who doesn't talk" and basically thought I was a big weirdo. The only thing that helped me was exposing myself to social situations more (that only helped a little bit) and seeing a psychiatrist to get prescribed medication for it. idk if we're aloud to talk about medication on here? but one thing i'm on is serotonin it really helped my social anxiety + moodyness. (i used to get very angry easily, maybe that's common with anxiety) ? i really hope you can fine someone to get you a psych cause i can say from experience that helped me a lot, & if you have any other problems besides S.A you can get help for that too.

edit: i might be embarassing myself by putting this info out there, but maybe it can help you feel some-what better. i went 5 years without having friends (after elementary ended) then another 6 or so again without having any friends & as I said above, dropped out of school (cause of S.A) pretty embarrassing but i'm moving in 2 days to Ohio to live near my bf & im enrolled in college. I always found it annoying when people said "things get better" but it does :c so please don't think of yourself as a waste. Idk if you're into art at all but i know that's a popular thing on these forums & in the acnl community in general. if you enjoy it i would say you should start practicing! I wish I did with all the free time I had,

Last edited:
I really hate talking about my private life on the Internet, but you made this thread at a bad/good time.

My mother recently became very sick, and she's in recovery at the moment at home, but it's very difficult because me and her have many differences. She's homophobic, racist, judgemental, willing to reject me for my sexuality, etc., and yet I have to care for someone who treats me like that.

I am already a sufferer of anxiety, so this whole incident has left me on the very edge of having some kind of panic attack, and yet I feel like if I break down, I won't be able to care for my mother, and I know she needs it.

I'm not eating or drinking enough, I'm not getting enough sleep, and throughout the day I am stressing about things, and the slightest mistake on my part can have horrendous consequences.

I feel trapped and isolated and really quite hopeless. I've stopped doing things I used to enjoy doing, and I'm just not myself.

Last edited:
im very stressed and depressed lately and i keep asking me to stop doing the things that are stressing me out and nobody is litsening to me and im just spiralling deeper and deeper down

Last edited:
Though I wouldn't explain it as "falling apart"

But, theres a pattern.

My family has struggled with the cops (cousins n stuff,) and I explain my life as I explain my anxiety:
I got hit by a brick, and right as the wound was almost healed, I got hit by another brick.

my 2016 was pretty good in the first half. I did good in school, I had fun, and yeah. My mom got pregnant with my sister, so I was pretty excited. After this past school year started, things got ugly real quick.
My cousin was arrested, and the whole family was affected. The night he was arrested, I cried. I was never that close, but it just hit me. It started to get better, but eventually my sister was born. I was happy, but she spent 2 weeks in the NICU. This was around the start of my second trimester, and it was a stressful event. Now, into 2017, I got betterish, but had a really bad anxiety attack in April. Since then it's been kinda hard to focus on my own life, but yeah I'm getting better.

I'm probably all over the place but this is just a simple explanation of my past year.

went from 4.0 to failing all my classes due to ptsd and depression XD

I don't have a hard life but I know many people who do. You're not alone, I might not know how you feel but I can always listen if you need someone to message:(

do- do you need someone to talk to? a friend who will listen and wont judge you? (no matter what)
I honestly would love to talk to you and help out however I can, if you need someone i'm here.

i've been through rough times like all of you. heck, i bet every single person on this forum has at one point in their lives. suffering isn't a personal experience; it's just a regular part of human life. it's certainly an extremely difficult part of life, though. just know that you aren't and never will be totally alone in the world when it comes to this kind of stuff.

it can be hard to have the motivation to do anything, but the thing that helped me out the most was finding something i really enjoyed to do. it doesn't have to be anything complicated, it could just be something like cooking or playing video games or writing stories. it really helps take your mind off your problems and makes you proud of yourself for being good at something. it also really helped me to spend time with the people i cared about. and if that doesn't work, then alone time can be just as helpful.

and finally, suicide should never be a valid option. by taking your own life, you are basically telling everyone that cares about you that you couldn't care less about how horrible they would feel if you died. though the idea of eternal freedom is tantalizing, you'll be putting others through pain far worse than that which you're currently feeling. i can't suggest a bunch of suicide hotlines or centers or anything, but i think it would be more helpful anyways to talk with any person you're close to about your thoughts.

again, rough times are a universal part of the human experience, and like any event in your life it will pass eventually. keep your spirits and motivation high and all your problems will seem like nothing.

i really hope this advice helps. good luck and god bless!

Thanks :D I didn't think so many people would care about this thread!
I constantly have suicidal thoughts, but I never actually intend on doing something bad to myself. Even my mom knows on the inside that I'm not like that. I'm scared of bugs, you think I'll be good with a knife????

that's good news to hear! i'm sorry if i misinterpreted part of your post.

I can't be the only one with a terrible life. Cmon, it seems like you all have friends, a social life...

*snip*

do- do you need someone to talk to? a friend who will listen and wont judge you? (no matter what)
I honestly would love to talk to you and help out however I can, if you need someone i'm here.

Thanks for the offer. I don't like sharing too much person stuff to strangers though, so i guess I'll pass.

Talking to strangers is literally how you make friends. <Near> literally just offered to be your friend and you said no. I'm not sure how else you're expecting to make friends.

Talking to strangers is literally how you make friends. <Near> literally just offered to be your friend and you said no. I'm not sure how else you're expecting to make friends.

i'm sure the social connectivity issues she mentioned have a part to play in this too. it's easier for some people to start talking up strangers than it is for others. i wouldn't call it being unfriendly.

my dad tol dme i could have NOO ice cream for dinner !!! ecen tho we hav ea bunch

m4y life omg :( I want ice cream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back