• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Why is Punchy so popular?

Hsn97

Inexperienced Person
Orange 🍊
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
3659-0452-2022
Isabelle
I love Punchy for no other reason than he was one of the first villagers I had in my original WW game all those years ago. He was also the first villager to ever give me their picture, so there's a lot of nostalgia there for me. But I was amazed to find that so many people loved him and have him as a dreamy. I mean, he's not the cutest, or even the most unique. And yet he's so popular! Why? What is it about Punchy you love?

I definitely can see what you mean, because I've felt the same about some of the other top tier villagers (where I think they look nice enough but in no way outstanding)

Punchy is one of my personal favorites though. For my preferences he is the most appealing of the male cats.
What I like about him:

- natural color scheme with interesting pattern (black/white split facial fur, little orange accents on arms/legs)
- cute and unique expression (a mischievous and clever look)

I always think that the individual designs really make a difference in the way I interpret the villagers personality. In comparison to Beau, who seems very sweet, dorky and somewhat childish, Punchy looks like a more mature and slightly smug lazy villager. Like, he's very intelligent and just chooses to be laid-back about life, rather than being the happy-go-lucky type that other Lazys remind me of :3

the fact that he actually looks like a lazy villager. also his house looks cool and fits into my town theme.

do you want more reasons?

I never really liked Punchy, but my hatred for him started when he moved in randomly and wouldn't move for about a month. It was very frustrating. His design isn't that amazing either, so I don't know why he's popular.

He's a cat and he isn't stinky. That's enough reason for people to love him lolol. I personally don't like him.

punch-drunk
ˈpʌntʃdrʌnk/
adjective
adjective: punch-drunk; adjective: punchdrunk

dazed or stupefied by or as if by a series of heavy blows to the head.
"I feel a little punch-drunk today"

Oh wow I didn't mean that lol!
I said he's drunk because his eyes are half closed. :p

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder u__u You may not like him, but others do so...

I bet it's the overly simplistic design. All I see is another noseless cat.

Because he's absolutely precious! ^u^ ...okay, maybe I'm biased because he's my all-time favorite and the first lazy I ever had, but it didn't take me long at all to fall in love with everything about the little guy- the funny and sweet things he says, his kind and adorable personality, relatability(is that a word lol), quirky name and catchphrase, nice color scheme, relaxed eyes and adorable smile... and he was a favorite before I knew all about tiers and everything, so I like Punchy for who he is :) But to answer your first question, I'd say it's because he's a nice villager with a nice appearance and a nice house, plus there's the nostalgia factor you were talking about- he's been around since the first GC game, so I'm sure there's a lot of veteran players with good memories of him :D

Reasons why I love Punchy:
His facial expression is befitting of a lazy villager. Half-lidded, a lazy smile.
His Catchphrase, "mrmpht", is like a lazy, relaxed meow a cat would make, also befitting of a lazy.
His house looks really nice, and KK Love Song really fits the theming, for whatever reason.
He would stand by my side and protect Lolly with me in City Folk.
If I were an Animal Crossing Villager, I would definitely be him. Lazy, yet organized.

I like him, but he's certainly not one of my favorites. Cats in general seem to be popular, and I like most of them myself, but Kiki is the only one I like enough to have in my town.

latest

look at this man
his whiskers, his facial expression, his cute fur accents
there's not a single thing about him that doesn't scream "cool and fun"

and look at his cute stylish room
latest

he's the most laid-back cat, which is typically a trait cats are loved for. he's the perfect lil kitty! mrmpht!

Reasons why I love Punchy:
His facial expression is befitting of a lazy villager. Half-lidded, a lazy smile.
His Catchphrase, "mrmpht", is like a lazy, relaxed meow a cat would make, also befitting of a lazy.
His house looks really nice, and KK Love Song really fits the theming, for whatever reason.

That's exactly how I feel too.
Also, I have both Lolly and him in my town as well; they're such a good pair visually <3

Punchy is one of the 4 cats in my town. (help me please) I like dogs more then cats, yet I have no dog villagers in my town..

Back