Do you like/dislike/are ambivalent toward anime?

i enjoy anime and manga, and it'll always have a special place in my heart. i've been exposed to it ever since i was little,
(traditional anime, anime-style video games, etc) and that's probably why i still like it to this day.

I'm indifferent, I don't have strong feelings either way. I liked it a lot in high school, which was AGES ago. I've only watched one since then, Cowboy Bebop, and I really liked that. I love a lot of Hayao Miyazaki's films but for some reason I don't see those as anime, just animated films. I've tried to watch a few recently but they just can't hold my attention.

not a big fan. Besides Pokemon, it just doesn't interest me. I never gave it a real try though, so I can't say for sure.

It's going to sound weird but while I did watch stuff like Pokemon as a kid, I feel what got me into "anime" was stealing the video tapes and DVDs my Uncle had when I was a kid. There was a specific anime ( "Tenchi Universe", which is part of the Tenchi Muyo! series ) he had the movies of, so I had started to watch them and enjoy them. It was around that time that Cartoon Network then started playing a censored dubbed version of the first anime series "Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki." I say anime series because while they are listed as OVAs, they're not just one big movie put together, but set of episodes. Also, they were listed as a show on CN and were played on it for a short time so??? I don't really consider them OVAs.

Being that Cartoon Network played the show only for a few months one year and never again in 2000, that would mean I was 6 years old (more specifically during the timing though, I was 5 going on 6.) I definitely watched the show and my grandma even ordered off the CN site a plush of the cabbit, Ryo-Ohki, for me that I still have. Taking that age into account though, that also means I've watched anime for around 17-ish years as of now.

Now though, I'm not that much interested. I still watch some anime when it interests me but not that often. I'm actually more interested in reading manga now.

I like some anime as visual style, but 99.9% of it is so morally questionable or just plain bad that I really hesitate to even say I like it in general. I have no patience for most anime tropes, I find the surrounding subculture obnoxious at best, and there are days when I feel like it will lead to the downfall of humanity.

I'm ambivalent because there's so many different styles and genres under the label of "anime" that I can't group them all under the same opinion. There's animes that I really enjoyed and there's ones I haven't enjoyed - there's a whole spectrum of things to choose from just like western animation.

i was really into anime and manga for a long time but now i haven't watched anime series at all since october 2015 or something like that, only anime movies. i don't really know why i stopped, i just got kinda bored and too depressed to focus lol.
there's a lot of different types of anime but i get why someone wouldn't like it at all. tho jsyk there are anime that aren't basically just a copy of thirty other anime with a bunch of giant boobs and other overused anime tropes.

i personally think live action movies are really boring to watch. tv shows with real actors can be fine (not that i watch any tv shows but i think they're more ok than movies) but live action movies generally have to be really good or have something interesting about them to make me enjoy watching it.
there are so many animated shows/movies that i know i would Not Ever have watched if they weren't animated lol i guess it's all just about personal preference.

I enjoyed it a lot when I was younger. Watching now is a bit more difficult but also because unique interesting newer series seem to be few and far between.
I enjoy art and a lot of my favorite series are for their art styles or abstract themes (mononoke the series not studio ghibli princess mononoke, millennium actress, tatami galaxy, angel's egg, haibane renmei, etc).

I don't mind it but usually a friend has to get me to check something out. I usually won't check something out on my own. That being said, I guess I'm ambivalent? 'Cause I think there may have been just as much anime I've enjoyed as American cartoons.

And yeah I prefer anime as movies rather than series, easier to get into and unless it's like a hentai movie it's usually not too bad with all the fanservice and stuff.

Back