Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Galaxy Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Nightmare Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Aurora Easter Egg
I get all four of mine pulled out tomorrow and I'm dreading it so much, mostly the after math. :')
I've asked a bunch of my friends (both irl and online) if they've had to experience this and literally no one I know has had to go through it so I'm just like,, -shrivels up into a ball and dies-

Seriously though, has anyone on here had to experience it? If so what was it like? And what did you eat?
I wanna try and make some smoothies tbh but I've never made a smoothie in my life and idk what kinds of things I can put in it. Some sites have said strawberries and blueberries are good, but I'm also wondering if it actually is okay because of the seeds?? Ughh I'm so confused. :')
The only fruit I really know that's safe for me to eat during this healing process are banana's, but I'd like other fruits and whatnot in a smoothie besides that l-lol.

Why did half of this end up being me talking about smoothies gdi

UPDATE: So it's been a week since my surgery and like, idk the left side of my mouth kinda hurts and there's been a little bit of bleeding. ;; I'm scared something's wrong but I'm also scared to say anything... I have a check-up appointment on the 24th but like kadsflsdflds this is stressing me out.

Last edited:
Most fruit you use for a smoothie has seeds that are so tiny and weak that they break up in the blending process, so I really wouldn't worry about that.

Wish I could help, but I've never been through that!

Most fruit you use for a smoothie has seeds that are so tiny and weak that they break up in the blending process, so I really wouldn't worry about that.

Wish I could help, but I've never been through that!

Yeah that's true though I'm still l worried cuz things like seeds and grains and all that are a big no no. I'm more iffy on strawberries than blueberries but yeah idk.

Everyone I come across so far hasn't seem to have gone through it haha, but thank you for commenting.

I had my wisdom teeth removed a couple of years ago. I was nervous going in because this was my first time having surgery (they had to cut mine out because they hadn't come in yet) but it went smoothly and I recovered quickly. By the end of the day, I was back to normal like nothing had ever happened. I was also lucky because I didn't experience any pain, and just minor swelling but I don't think that's the norm.

My only problem was that I had trouble eating. I could only eat foods you could swallow whole. I ate a ton of trix yogurt afterwords, and some other things I can't remember. Basically anything you can just swallow I was eating because I couldn't chew right for a couple of weeks. I'm sure that you already been told this, but make sure that you don't use any straws.

I had all four of mine taken out. I felt no pain at all throughout the whole process of the surgery and the healing process. It was awesome. I was one of the lucky ones apparently lol.

Just keep taking meds, putting on ice on your cheeks and eating soft foods. I found eating to be a pain out of everything.

I had my wisdom teeth removed a couple of years ago. I was nervous going in because this was my first time having surgery (they had to cut mine out because they hadn't come in yet) but it went smoothly and I recovered quickly. By the end of the day, I was back to normal like nothing had ever happened. I was also lucky because I didn't experience any pain, and just minor swelling but I don't think that's the norm.

My only problem was that I had trouble eating. I could only eat foods you could swallow whole. I ate a ton of trix yogurt afterwords, and some other things I can't remember. Basically anything you can just swallow I was eating because I couldn't chew right for a couple of weeks. I'm sure that you already been told this, but make sure that you don't use any straws.

Yeah it's the same case with me, mine haven't come in yet so they're gonna have to cut mine out too. But wow that seems like a ton of luck, though! It's great that your experience was pretty positive.

Man though yeah, I don't think I'll really be chewing tbh, I'd rather have foods I can just swallow. And yup, I very well that straws are not to be used. My parents are making me this soup (pretty sure my Dad made it for my mom when she had hers pulled out) and I think I'll be eating other stuff like yogurt, pudding maybe, ice cream and if I can manage to, smoothies. I'd rather make them even though there are also commercially made ones... a lot of sites I found for information said that too.

Thank you so much for sharing. ^^

- - - Post Merge - - -

I had all four of mine taken out. I felt no pain at all throughout the whole process of the surgery and the healing process. It was awesome. I was one of the lucky ones apparently lol.

Just keep taking meds, putting on ice on your cheeks and eating soft foods. I found eating to be a pain out of everything.

Oh man lucky haha! Knowing my luck though, I'm just kinda, well it's time to die. :') My anxiety doesn't help much with the matter either, l-lol. Yeah though that's one of the things I'm dreading the most, is eating?? I also hear about salt rinses a lot and I'm like, goddamnit the things you gotta do for your mouth to heal... OTL

I actually just got mine taken out last Tuesday! I was so nervous for it, but I was knocked out the entire time, which was pretty nice because I was terrified I'd wake up halfway through the surgery. When I woke up afterwards, I didn't even realize it had happened at first. I didn't experience any pain for a while afterwards, just some minimal pain a few days after but they gave me pills so that helped. There was also some swelling, but if you put ice on you it should help. I mainly ate Jell-O, soup broth, and anything I didn't need to chew at first. I didn't really have any fruit until the day after and I just had raspberries then because I didn't need to chew them that much; I didn't have a problem with seeds, though. I didn't have any smoothies though, so I wouldn't be much help on that.

Last edited:
I actually just got mine taken out last Tuesday! I was so nervous for it, but I was knocked out the entire time, which was pretty nice because I was terrified I'd wake up halfway through the surgery. When I woke up afterwards, I didn't even realize it had happened at first. I didn't experience any pain, just some minimal pain a few days after but they gave me pills so that helped. There was also some swelling, but if you put ice on you it should help. I mainly ate Jell-O, soup broth, and anything I didn't need to chew at first. I didn't really have any fruit until the day after and I just had raspberries then because I didn't need to chew them that much; I didn't have a problem with seeds, though. I didn't have any smoothies though, so I wouldn't be much help on that.

Oh wow, what timing! Haha, how are you feeling right now? I know the healing time varies for people.
Oh man though that's nice, yeah waking up during surgery would be... terrifying ugh, I don't wanna think about it. I'm hoping to go out and buy foods tonight that I don't have to chew either lol, it'd be for the best.
But oh you had no trouble with the seeds for the raspberries? Damn. :0 That's good, though!
And no worries about the smoothies, just hearing your experience and the fact that you took the time to share is more than enough for me, it makes me feel better when I get to hear people's experiences aha.

I've had mine removed a few years ago. The only thing I remember is waking up afterward to go home, lol. My folks told me I ended up punching someone and had at least 5 people had me down welp. I tried to warn the surgeon I don't react well to pain (I have very low pain tolerance) and told them to completely knock me out but they seemed not to take me seriously. I'm pretty light-weight and short so most people wouldn't think I had any power. I felt really bad for attacking people but at least I have no memory of it and no one was hurt. x_x

So if you notice yourself in pain even with cleanings, then I think it's a good idea to let someone know you don't have a high pain tolerance. Absolutely have someone drive you (trust me, you'll be too knocked out afterward & I'm pretty sure most surgeons require someone else be around). Prior the surgery, cleaning your bedsheets and blankets is a good idea because I can guarantee you'll be knocked out the entire day afterward and will require rest. (This was the case for my boyfriend when he had his out.) Ask your surgeon what medicine you can take and how soon afterward.

I recommend eating anything super soft afterward like pudding, light soups, mashed potatoes, yogurt (as long as there aren't any fruit pieces in there) anything that doesn't require you to chew very much. I remember being sore for at least a couple of weeks. After that, I was able to introduce most of my general diet. The first week afterward is tough so don't hesitate to take those days off. People will understand.

You'll be fine! Try your best to get as much rest beforehand but don't feel bad if you don't. Trust me, you will be resting afterward. Good luck. :)

I was born without wisdom teeth, so I can't really help much there. I wouldn't think the seeds are too much of an issue if they're blended up properly for smoothies, though!

I've had mine removed a few years ago. The only thing I remember is waking up afterward to go home, lol. My folks told me I ended up punching someone and had at least 5 people had me down welp. I tried to warn the surgeon I don't react well to pain (I have very low pain tolerance) and told them to completely knock me out but they seemed not to take me seriously. I'm pretty light-weight and short so most people wouldn't think I had any power. I felt really bad for attacking people but at least I have no memory of it and no one was hurt. x_x

So if you notice yourself in pain even with cleanings, then I think it's a good idea to let someone know you don't have a high pain tolerance. Absolutely have someone drive you (trust me, you'll be too knocked out afterward & I'm pretty sure most surgeons require someone else be around). Prior the surgery, cleaning your bedsheets and blankets is a good idea because I can guarantee you'll be knocked out the entire day afterward and will require rest. (This was the case for my boyfriend when he had his out.) Ask your surgeon what medicine you can take and how soon afterward.

I recommend eating anything super soft afterward like pudding, light soups, mashed potatoes, yogurt (as long as there aren't any fruit pieces in there) anything that doesn't require you to chew very much. I remember being sore for at least a couple of weeks. After that, I was able to introduce most of my general diet. The first week afterward is tough so don't hesitate to take those days off. People will understand.

You'll be fine! Try your best to get as much rest beforehand but don't feel bad if you don't. Trust me, you will be resting afterward. Good luck. :)

Ahh thank you soso much for sharing!

I feel like I don't have a high pain tolerance either tbh,, though for normal cleaning sessions i don't have any pain, nut unless they're being excessive when they use that picking tool?? I had this one lady and she picked wayyy too much compared to other people I've had so... and yeah I'll have a ride for sure aha,, my dad will be around.

And yup, for sure on those soft foods, they'll be my best friend haha. But ah, I see. :0 That's good. Yeah I've generally heard that the first few days/ first week is the toughest, but it gets better from there, so I'm hoping. :')

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was born without wisdom teeth, so I can't really help much there. I wouldn't think the seeds are too much of an issue if they're blended up properly for smoothies, though!

Whoa really? Damn that seems lucky. But yeah that's what people are saying, so I'm hoping adding berries would be okay?

Oh wow, what timing! Haha, how are you feeling right now? I know the healing time varies for people.
Oh man though that's nice, yeah waking up during surgery would be... terrifying ugh, I don't wanna think about it. I'm hoping to go out and buy foods tonight that I don't have to chew either lol, it'd be for the best.
But oh you had no trouble with the seeds for the raspberries? Damn. :0 That's good, though!
And no worries about the smoothies, just hearing your experience and the fact that you took the time to share is more than enough for me, it makes me feel better when I get to hear people's experiences aha.

I'm feeling pretty good now, I haven't needed to take any pills for a few days. The worst days for me in terms of pain were the fourth and fifth I think (even that wasn't that bad, though), and since then I don't think I've really had any pain.
Yeah, the raspberries were fine for me, and after a few days I branched out into blackberries and grapes and had no problems with them, either.
Yeah, I know what you mean about wanting to hear people's experiences; I was desperate to hear what people felt before I had mine taken out, but no one I knew had them out so I had no idea what to expect, haha.

I'm feeling pretty good now, I haven't needed to take any pills for a few days. The worst days for me in terms of pain were the fourth and fifth I think (even that wasn't that bad, though), and since then I don't think I've really had any pain.
Yeah, the raspberries were fine for me, and after a few days I branched out into blackberries and grapes and had no problems with them, either.
Yeah, I know what you mean about wanting to hear people's experiences; I was desperate to hear what people felt before I had mine taken out, but no one I knew had them out so I had no idea what to expect, haha.

Ah I see, that's good! You certainly were very lucky it seems lol.
And oh really? Wow, nice.
Yup yup same here, that's why i made this thread, I was just like, hoping at least 1 person would have something to share cuz I've been getting progressively more and more nervous. :')

I don't think I was born with wisdom teeth since they haven't came through at all. Though before I got braces, I did have 4 teeth taken out to make space. But none were wisdom teeth. Either way, you will make a quick recovery. While I wasn't under anastasia when I got my teeth removed, it was quite painless once the numbing wore off and I had no problem eating.

If you're worried about not being able to eat properly, stick to soft foods and liquids like pasta and soup. Though, you really shouldn't have a problem with eating.

I don't think I was born with wisdom teeth since they haven't came through at all. Though before I got braces, I did have 4 teeth taken out to make space. But none were wisdom teeth. Either way, you will make a quick recovery. While I wasn't under anastasia when I got my teeth removed, it was quite painless once the numbing wore off and I had no problem eating.

If you're worried about not being able to eat properly, stick to soft foods and liquids like pasta and soup. Though, you really shouldn't have a problem with eating.

Actually eating seems to be one of the most tedious things to do after having them removed, yours was a different case it seems so the circumstances would have been different i believe. :0

- - - Post Merge - - -

no but I have to soon ;'o

I feel them coming in and it hurts like hell

Oh gosh really? Darn ;; Mine haven't come in yet, so they'll need to cut out aha,, Best of luck to you, though!

I woke up halfway through the surgery, I remember there being a mask on my face and a bunch of nurses surrounding me. Then I promptly was put back to sleep.

Later on, a small piece of food got stuck inside one of the wounds and my gums closed around it. I then had to pleasure of it swelling up again, and had to have that dug out. Not the most fun I've ever had.

And make sure you don't use a straw when drinking liquids, as the sucking action actually can rip the stitches out and it won't be fun at all.

I woke up halfway through the surgery, I remember there being a mask on my face and a bunch of nurses surrounding me. Then I promptly was put back to sleep.

Later on, a small piece of food got stuck inside one of the wounds and my gums closed around it. I then had to pleasure of it swelling up again, and had to have that dug out. Not the most fun I've ever had.

And make sure you don't use a straw when drinking liquids, as the sucking action actually can rip the stitches out and it won't be fun at all.

Oh my goodness, I'm sorry you had to go through that ;; That sounds quite unpleasant...
And yup, i know about the sucking and straws and to stay away from them aha

I got 4 of mine taken out last December and yikes I hate hate hate needles so I was freaking out and crying in the waiting room until they took me in and stuck the IV in me (and then proceeded to have me sign another consent form for the anesthesia??) The nurse said I was supposed to knock out in like 10 seconds and after a while they said I was supposed to start feeling sleepy but I wasn't drowsy at all so I was terrified especially when it seemed like they were already starting to do work in my mouth and ripping my teeth out. The doctor saw me crying and I think I knocked out right after that lmao.
Afterwards I remember being wheeled out to my mom's car and as we were going to the pharmacy to get meds I threw up, got home and threw up again which probably wasn't good. I tend to have motion sickness so that + the drowsiness from the drugs = :(
I ate ice cream and chicken noodle soup for the first couple days and other than eating all I can remember was sleeping because the pain meds(?) made my head hurt so bad that I'd cry so eventually I just stopped taking them after the 2nd or 3rd day and decided to bear with the pain in my gums but ofc still take the antibiotics.
I think I was able to eat solid foods on the 3rd day but I used my front teeth to chew everything up. Also I had holes in my gums that were there for up to a month I think and food kept getting stuck in there and that's.. my experience for the most part

I got 4 of mine taken out last December and yikes I hate hate hate needles so I was freaking out and crying in the waiting room until they took me in and stuck the IV in me (and then proceeded to have me sign another consent form for the anesthesia??) The nurse said I was supposed to knock out in like 10 seconds and after a while they said I was supposed to start feeling sleepy but I wasn't drowsy at all so I was terrified especially when it seemed like they were already starting to do work in my mouth and ripping my teeth out. The doctor saw me crying and I think I knocked out right after that lmao.
Afterwards I remember being wheeled out to my mom's car and as we were going to the pharmacy to get meds I threw up, got home and threw up again which probably wasn't good. I tend to have motion sickness so that + the drowsiness from the drugs = :(
I ate ice cream and chicken noodle soup for the first couple days and other than eating all I can remember was sleeping because the pain meds(?) made my head hurt so bad that I'd cry so eventually I just stopped taking them after the 2nd or 3rd day and decided to bear with the pain in my gums but ofc still take the antibiotics.
I think I was able to eat solid foods on the 3rd day but I used my front teeth to chew everything up. Also I had holes in my gums that were there for up to a month I think and food kept getting stuck in there and that's.. my experience for the most part

O-oh my... I'm really sorry about that. ;; Doesn't sound great at all,, gaah. At least it's over for you, though?

Back