Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
8399-8164-2698
Island
Redwoods
hoping it's okay that I post this here?

I finally have more free time on my hands, so I can actually start working on my art again, but I honestly don't know what software to use

what software do you use? why do you like it? is their anything you don't like about it? any software I definitely shouldn't waste my time with?

I used to use paint tool sai but it's only for windows. Now I use Clip Studio Paint pro which runs on my mac but costs quite a bit unless you wait for a sale (which is what I did) Both programs are good imo.

ive been using photoshop cc 2015, i like it because the dark layout is easier on the eyes but i also enjoy paint tool sai-- its layout is brighter/white though and i find organizing layers there more tedious/the box more obnoxious plus theres no animation feature... but you can adjust the brush settings more efficiently which i love, considering its made for drawing rather than photo editing

i also havent touched sai in a while bc ive been having lots of laptop problems & ended up just getting a new one) finally just redownloaded it though & excited to use it again!!

ive been using photoshop cc 2015, i like it because the dark layout is easier on the eyes but i also enjoy paint tool sai-- its layout is brighter/white though and i find organizing layers there more tedious/the box more obnoxious plus theres no animation feature... but you can adjust the brush settings more efficiently which i love, considering its made for drawing rather than photo editing

i also havent touched sai in a while bc ive been having lots of laptop problems & ended up just getting a new one) finally just redownloaded it though & excited to use it again!!

same as tifachu! my favorite is photoshop because I've been using it for ten years. It isn't easy to use to draw with a mouse though. For lineart I like sai best ^^

I've been using Paint Tool Sai since the beginning of this year, and I definitely recommend it! (Honestly I think I've only been using it.) Although if you're looking for a free program Krita is good! :)

I use Paint Tool Sai for the most part of my art, to do extra details I use Photoshop CS6. And to do my pixel art I use Photoshop CS6.
With Sai I love because it's easy to blend, so much easier I think than PS. My personal opinion.

I have also used Krita, I like to use that for sketches at times. But of course, I prefer Sai.

i use sai
pros:
easy to learn
creating brushes is really easy and fun
stabilizers are fab
layer options are really good

cons:
transparency can be strange to work with sometimes on this software
not good for mouse users at all
---cant think of any others rn---

as for free programs- try krita! not only is it f r e e but its pretty fun

Last edited:
i really like alpaca & it's actually free unlike paint sai (cause p much everyone doesn't pay they use a bootleg) but sai is still very nice :) i prefer photoshop for coloring
o

- - - Post Merge - - -

fire alpaca that is ^^ oops

I use Photoshop for everything. Concepts, graphics and painting my textures. It's such a powerful tool.

Illustrator for crisp lines and my UI work.

I use paint tool SAI because of the interface. It's easy to access everything and use different drawing tools/textures. I started with photoshop and constantly had to ask myself "what does this button do?" However, I do like using photoshop to give drawings a touch up such as adding light effects to the background, adding shadows to the figure, etc.

Last edited:
i use sai
fire alpaca is also good but some of the tools don't work as well as in sai imo

Back