• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

what software do you draw with?

candxur

vegan trash
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8399-8164-2698
Island
Redwoods
hoping it's okay that I post this here?

I finally have more free time on my hands, so I can actually start working on my art again, but I honestly don't know what software to use

what software do you use? why do you like it? is their anything you don't like about it? any software I definitely shouldn't waste my time with?

I used to use paint tool sai but it's only for windows. Now I use Clip Studio Paint pro which runs on my mac but costs quite a bit unless you wait for a sale (which is what I did) Both programs are good imo.

ive been using photoshop cc 2015, i like it because the dark layout is easier on the eyes but i also enjoy paint tool sai-- its layout is brighter/white though and i find organizing layers there more tedious/the box more obnoxious plus theres no animation feature... but you can adjust the brush settings more efficiently which i love, considering its made for drawing rather than photo editing

i also havent touched sai in a while bc ive been having lots of laptop problems & ended up just getting a new one) finally just redownloaded it though & excited to use it again!!

ive been using photoshop cc 2015, i like it because the dark layout is easier on the eyes but i also enjoy paint tool sai-- its layout is brighter/white though and i find organizing layers there more tedious/the box more obnoxious plus theres no animation feature... but you can adjust the brush settings more efficiently which i love, considering its made for drawing rather than photo editing

i also havent touched sai in a while bc ive been having lots of laptop problems & ended up just getting a new one) finally just redownloaded it though & excited to use it again!!

same as tifachu! my favorite is photoshop because I've been using it for ten years. It isn't easy to use to draw with a mouse though. For lineart I like sai best ^^

I've been using Paint Tool Sai since the beginning of this year, and I definitely recommend it! (Honestly I think I've only been using it.) Although if you're looking for a free program Krita is good! :)

Paint Tool Sai for the most part.

I use Paint Tool SAI to draw, and Photoshop CC 2015 to make gifs

I use Paint Tool Sai for the most part of my art, to do extra details I use Photoshop CS6. And to do my pixel art I use Photoshop CS6.
With Sai I love because it's easy to blend, so much easier I think than PS. My personal opinion.

I have also used Krita, I like to use that for sketches at times. But of course, I prefer Sai.

i use sai
pros:
easy to learn
creating brushes is really easy and fun
stabilizers are fab
layer options are really good

cons:
transparency can be strange to work with sometimes on this software
not good for mouse users at all
---cant think of any others rn---

as for free programs- try krita! not only is it f r e e but its pretty fun

Last edited:
sai for most of my stuff, and asprite for pixel art

i really like alpaca & it's actually free unlike paint sai (cause p much everyone doesn't pay they use a bootleg) but sai is still very nice :) i prefer photoshop for coloring
o

- - - Post Merge - - -

fire alpaca that is ^^ oops

I use Photoshop for everything. Concepts, graphics and painting my textures. It's such a powerful tool.

Illustrator for crisp lines and my UI work.

Fire Alpaca here~
Wanna use SAI but got no monies lol

I use paint tool SAI because of the interface. It's easy to access everything and use different drawing tools/textures. I started with photoshop and constantly had to ask myself "what does this button do?" However, I do like using photoshop to give drawings a touch up such as adding light effects to the background, adding shadows to the figure, etc.

Last edited:
i use sai
fire alpaca is also good but some of the tools don't work as well as in sai imo

Back