If You had the power, How would you hack your town?

I don't think I would. From my experience, like playing the Sims, hacking or cheats make the game less fun for me. :D

i don't think i'd ever hack my town (no diss at all to anyone who does! but i like taking my game slow and steady and building it with trial and error), but if i did, i'd probably only do minor things:

i'd probably only use hacks to get all the pwps (i don't mind paying for them or waiting- it's just my villagers are slow to request ;;; ) and to avoid plot resetting ever again! i don't like to put villager houses in lines like i know is popular, but i do like having them in informal clusters, so i still have to plot reset and it's awful! i might maybe move a couple rocks too... i don't mind them that much, so i wouldn't get rid of them altogether, but i might move the rock next to my train station to be even closer so i can just sit on it while i wait for guests to arrive :)

other than those things, i would probably build the rest of my town manually bc that's what i like! :blush:

Going slow is how I'm playing my second town. And the pwp list is a definite yes fromme. I think 11.5 can't hack, so I'll wait until my physical copy can be a test subject lol
Regarding the train station, I want all the special stumps in front for the same reason
I like my animals going where they please, if I can choose where I live, they should be able to as well :)

Last edited:
Going slow is how I'm playing my second town. And the pwp list is a definite yes fromme. I think 11.5 can't hack, so I'll wait until my physical copy can be a test subject lol
Regarding the train station, I want all the special stumps in front for the same reason
I like my animals going where they please, if I can choose where I live, they should be able to as well :)

But you got a new 3ds so you can hack 11.5 ;)

I'm sorry but you're talking like you're correct but you're mostly wrong. If the original version can't import a modified save, how come I can do that? Didn't you say you already do this with the original version yet you're saying this???
I'm not 100% about ROM hacking with the game's files, but it probably does require CFW which I have....I'll try looking more into it sometime soon.

That sounded pretty rude. Plus I didn't even say the original version can't import a modified save. What I said was, the Welcome amiibo pre-installed version doesn't support saves from the original version, and I don't think the Welcome amiibo pre-installed version supports modified saves either. Replacing in-game files should work on all versions of the game. The NTR trainer only works on the original however. As for this whole "user-created villager" thing, I saw a reddit page once and it mentioned you can only make a user-created villager if you have CFW and the Welcome amiibo pre-installed version. I don't know if I'm allowed to link to it or not due to forum rules but if I am allowed then I will.

EDIT: I'll just show a picture instead. This isn't photoshopped BTW: V4YOQby.jpg

Last edited:
Confusion overload. I shall do research (and find a sharper knife goshdarn it we were JUST at Walmart and I could've gotten a screwdriver!! lol)

Let me simplify this for you:

-you need a new 3ds any version or old 3ds 11.3 or below
-you gotta unscrew the back plate of the new 3ds to get the microSD
-then you gotta get the files n stuff, editing saves.....and boom, profit.

Let me simplify this for you:

-you need a new 3ds any version or old 3ds 11.3 or below
-you gotta unscrew the back plate of the new 3ds to get the microSD
-then you gotta get the files n stuff, editing saves.....and boom, profit.

Ah okay. Gotcha. Only trickiness is in the 3rd part but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. :)
Thanks for clarifying!

That sounded pretty rude. Plus I didn't even say the original version can't import a modified save. What I said was, the Welcome amiibo pre-installed version doesn't support saves from the original version, and I don't think the Welcome amiibo pre-installed version supports modified saves either. As for this whole "user-created villager" thing, I saw a reddit page once and it mentioned you can only make a user-created villager if you have CFW and the Welcome amiibo pre-installed version. I don't know if I'm allowed to link to it or not due to forum rules but if I am allowed then I will.

Ohhh, I'm really sorry :( what you said was a bit confusing, didn't know you meant that.
I don't think the welcome-amiibo preinstalled would allow tampering with the files and making custom villagers since there's lotsa anti-cheat protection on it, but I guess people found a way around it?
Again, sorry.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ah okay. Gotcha. Only trickiness is in the 3rd part but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. :)
Thanks for clarifying!

Don't worry about it right now ^^ just get that microSD out.

i'd remove spacing requirements so i can build and plant things closer together. i like the idea of creating a wall of trees against buildings or projects but due to the spacing needed, there's so much empty space between everything. i also wish i could have preset locations where villagers can move. i'd love to see new faces but it's a pain to plot reset every time or risk them settling in an unfavourable area.

player and town name changes would also be amazing because i'm so indecisive lel.

i'd remove spacing requirements so i can build and plant things closer together. i like the idea of creating a wall of trees against buildings or projects but due to the spacing needed, there's so much empty space between everything. i also wish i could have preset locations where villagers can move. i'd love to see new faces but it's a pain to plot reset every time or risk them settling in an unfavourable area.

player and town name changes would also be amazing because i'm so indecisive lel.

Just a heads up, spacing requirements are still needed between buildings when you hack ^^
Basically if you put a tree right next to a building when you hack, it won't show up since there has to be a space between the two. However, you can still put trees right next to each other.

Last edited:
Just a heads up, spacing requirements are still needed between buildings when you hack ^^
Basically if you put a tree right next to a building when you hack, it won't show up since there has to be a space between the two. However, you can still put trees right next to each other.

ah balls. i'm not planning on hacking but thanks for the heads up, though. uwu

Ohhh, I'm really sorry :( what you said was a bit confusing, didn't know you meant that.
I don't think the welcome-amiibo preinstalled would allow tampering with the files and making custom villagers since there's lotsa anti-cheat protection on it, but I guess people found a way around it?
Again, sorry.

Don't worry. I think I came off a bit rude too. But yes, editing the files and replacing villagers with custom made ones (creating a totally new villager isn't possible, so you have to replace one) is possible on the Welcome amiibo pre-installed version, the latter being not possible on the original version though the former is. It's a bit complicated and might require dumping the game's files to your SD card. I'm not sure how since I haven't done that in ages so you'll have to look that up (plus even if was sure how I still couldn't tell due to forum rules).

Back