If You had the power, How would you hack your town?

People keep pming me about hacks because of my reply on this :(
Seriously though, if you guys are all so crazy about it, then do it yourself... I don't wanna be the go-to person for this all the time. It's getting annoying now.
Also free bump.

Aw I'm sorry about that. I would try on one of my two copies(my brother threw an unexpected eShop card at me so I bought a digital copy), but I can't remove the microSD card from my 3ds, the screws don't budge with anything I have. One day I'll be able to give it a shot. Probably on my physical copy since my digital copy has 2 animals who are close to home(Merengue and Sterling)

Move cafe, move reset center, decorate beach. Other than that I'm all set.
I have no idea what to do with the beach... and my cafe isn't that bad but my reset center is in a horrible place.

I would put trees in places that I currently can't, remove some pesky rocks, put some chairs on the beach- and most importantly, decorate my ponds and river with stumps and weeds c:

I would, if my DS wasn't updated.

Last edited:
I can probably hack to move and change stuff if I want to, but I choose not to. I'd just wait for the AC Switch to make convenient changes.

I would make it where if you have the ressetie center, when you reset the game ressetie is nice.

if it could be hackable, I would make it so my grass doesn't get destroyed. But then again, I really dont mind, kind of gave up on it XD

Aw I'm sorry about that. I would try on one of my two copies(my brother threw an unexpected eShop card at me so I bought a digital copy), but I can't remove the microSD card from my 3ds, the screws don't budge with anything I have. One day I'll be able to give it a shot. Probably on my physical copy since my digital copy has 2 animals who are close to home(Merengue and Sterling)
Kk :)

I have the power (not Nintendo Power since I'm a scrub :< ) but I barely ever use it really. I try to keep my town natural looking by making sure nothing looks weird or out of place. I've seen some people go too overboard with hacks and do arguably some questionable stuff (such as putting houses in the river, ocean or even train tracks; putting trees in the river or ocean; using completely incorrect acres such as a river acre not connected to an actual river / island acres in the town which actually appear as low as the beaches on the cliff acres in normal towns; more than one of the same exact villager etc.).

I would make it where if you have the ressetie center, when you reset the game ressetie is nice.
That's actually not possible without modifying his dialog. Even then there's currently no way to change the game's text. Only game files you can change right now are models, textures and music. However, you can somehow replace a villager with your very own user-created villager if you have the version of New Leaf with Welcome amiibo pre-installed (white icon), but IDK how plus I can't since I have the non-Welcome amiibo (green icon) copy of the game.

Last edited:
I have the power (not Nintendo Power since I'm a scrub :< ) but I barely ever use it really. I try to keep my town natural looking by making sure nothing looks weird or out of place. I've seen some people go too overboard with hacks and do arguably some questionable stuff (such as putting houses in the river, ocean or even train tracks; putting trees in the river or ocean; using completely incorrect acres such as a river acre not connected to an actual river / island acres in the town which actually appear as low as the beaches on the cliff acres in normal towns; more than one of the same exact villager etc.).

That's actually not possible without modifying his dialog. Even then there's currently no way to change the game's text. Only game files you can change right now are models, textures and music. However, you can somehow replace a villager with your very own user-created villager if you have the version of New Leaf with Welcome amiibo pre-installed (white icon), but IDK how plus I can't since I have the non-Welcome amiibo (green icon) copy of the game.

I thought the welcome amiibo-preinstalled cannot hack? Cause if you import saves with that version, your data gets erased.

Probably just messing around with tree placement, especially putting cedars in the South and even banana trees on the mainland. If I hacked I'd use it to create a themed town, like a horror town or a beach town. Horror towns are fairly easy to make without hacks but I get so annoyed shaking off the perfect fruit to get the withered trees, only to end up not liking the placement of the tree later on :p

Used to hack to make landscaping easier/faster, place pwps on the beach, move in the villagers I wanted, etc etc, but I stopped bc I felt like it took the fun out of the game for me? Like without any restrictions I felt the need to make my town absolutely perfect or smth :p

Honestly, I would add trees into water. (Cliche)
And I would move some of my villagers houses into another spots.
That's it.

Last edited:
Honestly, I would add trees into water. (Cliche)

rosietriggered.jpg

I thought the welcome amiibo-preinstalled cannot hack? Cause if you import saves with that version, your data gets erased.

That version does work with hacks, just not modified save data (haven't actually tried it since I don't have that specific version of the game, but I assume that you can only import data from that version and not the original version). Changing the game's files doesn't require modifying your save data at all however, though it does require you to have modified firmware.

That version does work with hacks, just not modified save data (haven't actually tried it since I don't have that specific version of the game, but I assume that you can only import data from that version and not the original version). Changing the game's files doesn't require modifying your save data at all however, though it does require you to have modified firmware.
Sorry bud but I have tested it before and can confirm that when you import a modified save on the welcome-amiibo preinstalled version, the game recognizes that it's different than the last time you saved the game and deletes your games' data completely.

I'm sorry but you're talking like you're correct but you're mostly wrong. If the original version can't import a modified save, how come I can do that? Didn't you say you already do this with the original version yet you're saying this???
I'm not 100% about ROM hacking with the game's files, but it probably does require CFW which I have....I'll try looking more into it sometime soon.

Last edited:
i don't think i'd ever hack my town (no diss at all to anyone who does! but i like taking my game slow and steady and building it with trial and error), but if i did, i'd probably only do minor things:

i'd probably only use hacks to get all the pwps (i don't mind paying for them or waiting- it's just my villagers are slow to request ;;; ) and to avoid plot resetting ever again! i don't like to put villager houses in lines like i know is popular, but i do like having them in informal clusters, so i still have to plot reset and it's awful! i might maybe move a couple rocks too... i don't mind them that much, so i wouldn't get rid of them altogether, but i might move the rock next to my train station to be even closer so i can just sit on it while i wait for guests to arrive :)

other than those things, i would probably build the rest of my town manually bc that's what i like! :blush:

Putting pine trees anywhere, not just in the North. :mad:

Also placing villagers houses in more compact areas. I don't want to plot reset so I just let the little guys move wherever.

Back