• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

If You had the power, How would you hack your town?

I would make a town called Fortree (as in the Pokemon one from Ruby and Sapphire) and put all the villagers houses inside the branches of plaza trees lol

I would change the river of my town, change the native fruit from oranges to cherries, and change the grass type from sqaure to triangle. I also would probably get rid of some rocks, or at least move them somewhere else.

I'd probably just move villagers' houses and unlock more pwps! I just want them to move into certain areas, why must they always find the one spot I'll hate the most? And I've been trying for SO LONG to unlock all the uchi pwps, and if I could just do that in an instant I really would. Wisteria trellis, someday I will have you!!!

I did do this at one point, for a short time. Mainly to avoid having to plot reset my villagers.
Hacking tends to take a large portion of fun out of the game, atleast that was my experience. I hacked a town on another save cart as well just to see what crazy stuff I could do.

I would honestly. I'd move my police station and but some trees right next to the river, because HONESTLY acne should let us put them there.

Probably swap my police station design and move some villagers to better spots.

Right now I REALLY just want my villagers to suggest more PWPs, because it's been months since any villager has, and I've been trying the diving trick lately. So right now I would hack it so that my villagers actually suggest PWPs. :p Doesn't seem like too much to ask! I want to make my town prettyyy, with a better balance between trees and not-trees.

I MOST DEFINITELY would. I love my first town but some of the stuff I did with it annoys me :/

Rearrange the tree locations. It'd be real nice if I could put some palm trees on grass. Also if I could put a couple PWPs on the beach.

I would put more stuff on the beach and I would finally have my fairy tail bridge. I can't get Apple to suggest it!

People keep pming me about hacks because of my reply on this :(
Seriously though, if you guys are all so crazy about it, then do it yourself... I don't wanna be the go-to person for this all the time. It's getting annoying now.
Also free bump.

I have one hacked town and one non hacked. I enjoy both but it is much more fun to play my hacked town. I didn't do a lot in my hacked town but I moved pwp and landscaped to my liking. I find the game more enjoyable to play when the town is set up the way I want it. After all, I spent my money on the game so I play it my way ��

If I could hack, it would be for making a completely new town - I'd never hack in the one I already have!

I would use it to create a starting layout that is much more unique, and make all rocks breakable and keep spawning back each day. I'd also allow villager homes and works projects to be built on the beach, and could be placed 1 space next to each other. Maybe allow the town to have every perfect fruit tree, too!

After that, though, It would be up to me in how to make out the town, and I'd just play normally. I have seen some hacking players that only change the rules and make a starting layout - but the rest is up to normal play. This increases the longevity of playing in the town, as opposed to just unlocking every single item in the game from the beginning.

Probably bamboo in the river and a water-suitable villager's house near it too. And PWPs on the beach, trees other than palms on the beach, & I've also seen really neat "docks" (half-bridges). Maybe also spawn some clovers. >:|

Ok so I hacked my town and some REALLY WEIRD STUFF HAPPENED. Paula's house is missing but she sends me letters and visits other villagers houses and goes to the coffee shop a lot. There's a cave in my cliff because of a hot spring so you can go inside the cliff but you can't clip out of it and on the land above it you can't walk or place items. But nothing is there. Also Kapp'n is in the river and if I try to go to the island the game glitches and it doesn't crash but it's stuck in one place and you can't move so you've gotta turn it off.

Like..... I don't even. Remember putting any of that in there. I'm sure I DID, it's just that it all started showing up months after I originally hacked it because I tried to move a villager in via an amiibo card. And that triggered some of the changes that were waiting to go into effect. So now I can't do any more PWPs or else god knows what's gonna happen.

All cause I wanted my town to look more like CA so I put palm trees everywhere.

Ok so I hacked my town and some REALLY WEIRD STUFF HAPPENED. Paula's house is missing but she sends me letters and visits other villagers houses and goes to the coffee shop a lot. There's a cave in my cliff because of a hot spring so you can go inside the cliff but you can't clip out of it and on the land above it you can't walk or place items. But nothing is there. Also Kapp'n is in the river and if I try to go to the island the game glitches and it doesn't crash but it's stuck in one place and you can't move so you've gotta turn it off.

Like..... I don't even. Remember putting any of that in there. I'm sure I DID, it's just that it all started showing up months after I originally hacked it because I tried to move a villager in via an amiibo card. And that triggered some of the changes that were waiting to go into effect. So now I can't do any more PWPs or else god knows what's gonna happen.

All cause I wanted my town to look more like CA so I put palm trees everywhere.

o_O that's really weird....did you do anything wrong when editing the game? Did you have a backup?

Hacking is not difficult. If u watch mischa crossing then you would have known.
By the way there are no hacks available for .4 and .3 . Unfortunately.

Back