Weird food habits: Liking one thing but not liking it in a different form

I have this feeling about a lot of food, but especially oranges and bananas. I hate orange flavoured things like lollies but I like oranges, and I love banana bread but I don't like bananas.

I like pumpkin soup but not regular roasted pumpkin. Also I like bananas but not banana flavoured things, especially yogurt!

Tomato. I can't eat it fresh because it's chewing on some soft slimy thing but I can eat tomato sauce, ketchup, fried tomatoes whatever without problem. I am sensitive to textures and consistences so...

I'm the exact same tbh.

I can only eat eggs if they're either scrambled or if they're fully mixed into something (Like bacon and egg pie).

I'm not surprised by people's comments saying they like X but don't like X flavoured things... It's not like X tastes like X flavoured things :p I thought this was meant to be about a particular thing in different forms not things mimicking flavours of things, otherwise my list would be HUGE ^-^

I like ketchup, but I don't like tomatoes.
I like french fries and potato chips, but I hate other forms of cooked potato.
I like grilled cheese sandwiches, but I hate cheeseburgers.

I used to hate potatoes in their full form but loved every other reincarnations of them, but now I love every kind of potato dish ever including just regular bakes potatoes. The only thing I can think of is onions for me right now, I hate raw onions, I am super sensitive to them, I cry during the first cut and literally can't see they sting me so bad and I cry forever until the room airs out. But I love cooked onions. Caramelized onions are amazing, especially with mushrooms, they're sweet and great and just so so good.

Mayonnaise. I like it with tuna and THAT'S IT.

I really like onions when they're grilled, but in no other case will I put that in my mouth.

The only product of tomato I eat is ketchup.

I like peach flavoured things & peach in some things (e.g., cobbler) but hate eating it raw. Also on board the tomato train. Hate them raw! Umm I hate Swiss cheese in its natural bland form but love it in sandwiches, melted, etc.

I love strawberries, but I HATE strawberry flavoured things.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll also only eat tomatoes if they are inside a sandwich / burger. I can't eat them on their own, but they add a complimentary texture and taste to burgers and such.

Cheese. I like it melted on nachos, eggs, and whatever but I just can't eat it on a sandwich (with the exception of white cheeses), forget about eating it plain. It's just gross otherwise.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Bananas too. I can eat banana flavored candy, but not actual bananas or anything that has banana in it. The texture is so disgusting.

I can probably think of a few.

• I like Fried Eggs, and hard-boiled eggs, but if you scramble my eggs I can't eat it without almost barfing up my intestines.
• I like any cake that was NOT made by my Mom.
• I absolutely love homemade sweet tea...except for when my Mom leaves it sitting out on the counter in a pitcher instead of leaving it in the fridge, so then it taste like McDonalds Tea that's been sitting in the hot car for two days.
• I don't know if this counts, but whatever. I like hot dogs, but I don't like Bologna. They are made from the same exact animal parts.
• I like steak, but I absolutely refuse to eat it unless it's cooked rare.

I think that's about it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Upon further examination I believe I interpreted the question the wrong way.

Back