• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Weird food habits: Liking one thing but not liking it in a different form

I have this feeling about a lot of food, but especially oranges and bananas. I hate orange flavoured things like lollies but I like oranges, and I love banana bread but I don't like bananas.

I like pumpkin soup but not regular roasted pumpkin. Also I like bananas but not banana flavoured things, especially yogurt!

Tomato. I can't eat it fresh because it's chewing on some soft slimy thing but I can eat tomato sauce, ketchup, fried tomatoes whatever without problem. I am sensitive to textures and consistences so...

I'm the exact same tbh.

I can only eat eggs if they're either scrambled or if they're fully mixed into something (Like bacon and egg pie).

I'm not surprised by people's comments saying they like X but don't like X flavoured things... It's not like X tastes like X flavoured things :p I thought this was meant to be about a particular thing in different forms not things mimicking flavours of things, otherwise my list would be HUGE ^-^

I like ketchup, but I don't like tomatoes.
I like french fries and potato chips, but I hate other forms of cooked potato.
I like grilled cheese sandwiches, but I hate cheeseburgers.

I used to hate potatoes in their full form but loved every other reincarnations of them, but now I love every kind of potato dish ever including just regular bakes potatoes. The only thing I can think of is onions for me right now, I hate raw onions, I am super sensitive to them, I cry during the first cut and literally can't see they sting me so bad and I cry forever until the room airs out. But I love cooked onions. Caramelized onions are amazing, especially with mushrooms, they're sweet and great and just so so good.

Mayonnaise. I like it with tuna and THAT'S IT.

I really like onions when they're grilled, but in no other case will I put that in my mouth.

The only product of tomato I eat is ketchup.

I like peach flavoured things & peach in some things (e.g., cobbler) but hate eating it raw. Also on board the tomato train. Hate them raw! Umm I hate Swiss cheese in its natural bland form but love it in sandwiches, melted, etc.

I love strawberries, but I HATE strawberry flavoured things.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll also only eat tomatoes if they are inside a sandwich / burger. I can't eat them on their own, but they add a complimentary texture and taste to burgers and such.

Cheese. I like it melted on nachos, eggs, and whatever but I just can't eat it on a sandwich (with the exception of white cheeses), forget about eating it plain. It's just gross otherwise.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Bananas too. I can eat banana flavored candy, but not actual bananas or anything that has banana in it. The texture is so disgusting.

I can probably think of a few.

• I like Fried Eggs, and hard-boiled eggs, but if you scramble my eggs I can't eat it without almost barfing up my intestines.
• I like any cake that was NOT made by my Mom.
• I absolutely love homemade sweet tea...except for when my Mom leaves it sitting out on the counter in a pitcher instead of leaving it in the fridge, so then it taste like McDonalds Tea that's been sitting in the hot car for two days.
• I don't know if this counts, but whatever. I like hot dogs, but I don't like Bologna. They are made from the same exact animal parts.
• I like steak, but I absolutely refuse to eat it unless it's cooked rare.

I think that's about it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Upon further examination I believe I interpreted the question the wrong way.

Back