• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How did you decide your town(s) name?

Ably.Saucey

Count your Many Blessings
Bells
Switch
5195-6588-2889
Orange Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
My town in gamecube was Cascades. So my first acnl town was Cascades.
My second town is Redbow and I'm still deciding on my third.

I originally picked "Tustin" for my first town, before I reset.
Mostly due to the fact that I was indeed living in an area called Tustin, which is ironic.
Ive gotten old of my town, so I reset it, and called it Fairview!
I honestly thought it was a neat-sounding name... and due to the fact I saw it on a freeway sign lmao.

i was 13 and named my town Swaggie. i havent reset purely for nostalgia and also bc i worked hard on my town, but now i'm 18 and super grateful i have another game that i can have a new town on that isnt.....badly named :')

For my first and second towns I listened to my sister's advice to name my towns a word I liked in a foreign language, which is how I ended up with Lunae (moon) and Sonne (sun). For my most recent town I chose the name Moonbeam because I saw a post of town name inspiration that had the name "Sunshine" and I liked the idea of something similar that felt a little more misty and forest like.

My town is named Eden, after the Garden of Eden.
I wanted a name related to "paradise" or "heaven", and I also wanted something in Hebrew (my native language). Eden refers to both those things.

I'm not very creative. All my towns have been named after places I either holidayed at as a child or lived at.
First and current town: Widmouth (holiday farm in Devon)
Second town: Talybont (we had a caravan near here in Wales)
Third town: Yardley (in Birmingham where I use to live)

My first ACNL town is named Salem. I live near Salem, MA, I'm a witch, and I wanted to loosely theme it off of a series of books I was reading that take place in Salem.

My second town, Hollowyn, I chose because I wanted a woodsy, forest town that sounded a little as though it could be faerie.

My past 4 animal crossing new leaf towns are as follows:
Shinba: Japanese for New Leaf (says Google Translate)
Home: I felt it was my happy place
Orchard: A lot of trees
OakHeart: (current) Have the town tree be a part of the whole town.

My town name is Mars. I named it because Mars is my favorite planet and I also love Sailor Mars.

I'm not too crazy about it now, but I've made way too much progress in my town to reset because of the town name. If only you could like, pay a certain amount of bells or MEOW coupons to change the town name. That would be pretty handy for a lot of people.

I went to this fantasy name generator to look for ideas and Avaria came up along with another name that I wanted to use. Sadly, the other name was too big for the name gap and so I took Avaria and to make it more of my own I changed it to Avarien.

Eridu is the oldest city of ancient Mesopotamia and arguably the oldest city in the world. I'm an ancient history nerd. So hence, Eridu. :blush:

Willow whas been my town name from the beginning. I just think it went with every theme pretty much. It is the name of my HS that I graduated from.

I just started a second town called Salem. It is (you guessed it) Fall themed and I've always just liked the name. I lived near Salem, Oregon when I was little.

I'm not good at coming up with names from scratch lol

Last edited:
I really wanted to give my town a name like Idlewood, because it's pretty-sounding and enigmatic. But I also wasn't planning on taking the game too seriously or becoming dedicated (just wanted to mess around with it), so I decided to do something totally random. That's why I ended up with a town called Houdini and a mayor called Ploopa (just a couple of misspelled letters there and you wind up with Poop...) I only regret it a little ;-;

My first ACNL town is named Salem. I live near Salem, MA, I'm a witch, and I wanted to loosely theme it off of a series of books I was reading that take place in Salem.

My second town, Hollowyn, I chose because I wanted a woodsy, forest town that sounded a little as though it could be faerie.

I love Salem. If I ever win the lottery I'm buying an old victorian house there.

My town name is Luray, after the Luray caverns in Virginia. When I was naming my town there was a show on tv that mentioned it.

Back