• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

are acnl blogs still a thing?

davekats

bees??
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
like, does anyone remember when people had tumblr blogs about their towns and some had storylines and people posted cute pictures of their villagers in their rooms and just out and about? it was just lifestyle blogging but. in animal crossing?

There probably still are blogs to this day about animal crossing, I've seen a couple but a lot that I come across are often inactive.

I too have been looking through them. Most are impossible to visit via dream address because they no longer exist. It's disappointing, but maybe they'll come back with either a) a new update or b) a new AC game.
I mostly like to look at the pretty pictures but nothing is more bothersome than seeing the first post on their page is 2 yrs old. Boo.

I have a friend who just started one recently, actually! And I follow a few myself that update pretty frequently. And my sister has tumblr for the sole purpose of acnl blogging haha, I think it's still pretty popular even though it's a lot less common nowadays!

I always wanted to do one, but don't know where to start lol.

I see a couple on Tumblr, but they are mainly fanart and inspiration pictures. There are a few people who still keep a blog here on the forum, though.

a lot of them have gone inactive bc they a) finished their town(s) and/or b) lost interest in the game, but there are plenty of others still around (my tumblr is like 60% ac lol). I'm sure the community's activity will spike again once the very likely release of animal crossing for the switch happens.

A lot have gone inactive but they definitely still do exist. Especially if you go on the Animal Crossing Amino app (which I highly recommend) people still do daily or weekly blog posts on their towns.

Last edited:
They are still a thing. I actually used to have one, but I'm not creative enough to write out a story for every passing day and updating on day to day activities can become mundane after a while.

mischa crossing on tumblr and youtube! she is my personal favorite, she is active and posts guides, and pictures of her town and other towns. she also has a youtube series where she tours various dream towns by tumblr users and her viewers. however, she visits lots of hacked towns and her towns are hacked so just a warning if you dont like hacking.

Last edited:
mischa crossing on tumblr and youtube! she is my personal favorite, she is active and posts guides, and pictures of her town and other towns. she also has a youtube series where she tours various dream towns by tumblr users and her viewers. however, she visits lots of hacked towns and her towns are hacked so just a warning if you dont like hacking.

I've actually seen this person on YouTube. I like her.

ahfaksh thats why i asked the question omg! i used to really admire those blogs and really want to start one but idk how haha

Just make a Tumblr account and upload pictures. Make sure you use Nintendo tags to get followers.

Cheers for the info! I'm deffo gonna try and make one! It seems fun~

I see some on Tumblr still! I don't follow many anymore due to lack of interest but I see them around recommended for me lmao.

I tried to start one for my 1yr challenge, but wasn't as committed as I should have been and I eventually lost motivation to keep updating it.

Back