• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How many languajes do you speak??

Catto

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Hey guys, I'm from south america so I english is my second languaje... how many, and wich languajes do you speak??

also, does speaking in other languajes ever gets you in trouble??, I come as angry and rude to many people since I try to keep my sentences as short as posible (even tho I'm trying to work that through)... since i'm not that comfortable with my english.

Currently I only speak English and Spanish. Kinda plan on learning more Languages over time. :)

I only speak English. I know a bit of French due to having to learn it during school but I've forgotten a lot of it over time of not practicing it.

I speak both English and fluent Vietnamese! Also, I would think that you wouldn't come off as rude if people know English isn't your first language. It's understandable ^^

Currently I only speak English and Spanish. Kinda plan on learning more Languages over time. :)
learning new languajes it's always neat. que genial que hables espa?ol :). El espa?ol nativo de mi pais es un espa?ol "poco educado" y gramaticamente incorrecto, pero me gusta eso, creo que le da personalidad :cool:

- - - Post Merge - - -

I only speak English. I know a bit of French due to having to learn it during school but I've forgotten a lot of it over time of not practicing it.

Oooooh french!! that's so beautiful!! I hope you can get back to it someday :)... maybe it's like riding a bike (??) when you start you'll realize that's you never really forgot it

- - - Post Merge - - -

I speak both English and fluent Vietnamese! Also, I would think that you wouldn't come off as rude if people know English isn't your first language. It's understandable ^^

Vietnamese is a cool languaje, I dated a very cute boy once who was vietnamese and I loved when he spoke with his mom and sister (even tho I couldn't understand a thing!) it was just hella charming <3...
And yeah, I think I should start saying that english isn't my first languaje but still... I hope that with practice I can get over this problem... besides, I hate to excuse myself. maybe it I should put it on my signature!!

lmao, same.
I hope French 2 Will slap some sense into me during high school .-.

I know English, Italian, a bit of Spanish and I'm trying to learn Korean.

My main language is Spanish (holaaaa!) and my second language is english , thanks to internet + english classes at school.

de que pais eres OP :v?

Props for trying but you're too stereotypical at the "bad English" to be believable

Last edited:
I have the same problem as you haha, English is my second language and people often find me rude as well, and there are also things that not translate too well... My first language is French, I'm learning other languages as well for fun but I'm not good enough in those to hold a conversation. My former boyfriend spoke French as second language and even if he was fluent, the way he said things or his choice of words made people think he was cold or rude. There are sentences that sound perfectly fine in English that once translated sound almost like insult XD and vice versa, I guess it's also a cultural thing. The way of thinking is different.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Same for me but with English, the only thing I remember from those classes is "John and Mary go to school by bus".
I finally learned a bit of English on forums which is maybe not the best place XD
I should read a book sometimes...

am fluent in english/arabic, experienced in spanish, and huge noob at latin and japanese (still learning letters in japanese lol)

im only fluent in swedish and english. ive studied german for several years but i suck and i wouldnt tell anyone who is fluent in german that i speak it because i really really Really suck

swedish and english fluent. i used to take german classes for 6 years in school but since I don't really use it I'm not that good anymore.

And I understand some Portuguese but I don't really speak it well or anything lol

I'm obviously fluent in English lmao I live in Ohio.

I can understand spanish writing pretty well but I have a hard time understanding spoken spanish and speaking it myself.

I plan on taking a German course through my university probably either starting next semester or over the summer of 2018. I would like to become fluent in it along with my brother so we can talk to each other in German and nobody will know what we're saying ^o^

Last edited:
english

I want to learn German though, it's such a beautiful language to listen to, even if I have no idea what is being said

just english! my family speaks chinese though, so i can understand it, but can't read or write it. i can speak the tiniest bit, but most of the time i'll have to take a minute to construct even basic sentences like "hello, how are you doing"

i would love to learn german! i've taken two years of german in school, and recently i've started online lessons with a teacher. occassionally i'll go on duolingo for fun

Back