• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How many languajes do you speak??

I'm half German and learned both it and English growing up. I have basic language skills in Spanish, though I learned it with Castilian pronunciation rather than a Latin American one. I'd love to communicate with some native Spanish speakers and build up a higher proficiency!

Also, not going to lie, I got a bit teary-eyed seeing so many people liking and wanting to learn German <3 It has a bad reputation as an aggressive-sounding language, so it's nice to hear that others can see its beauty.
Sometimes I get annoyed when people in the US hear me talking in German and "compliment" me by saying: "it doesn't seem so ugly and angry when you speak it" - gee thanks >.<"

english is my main language, I know I learnt some Gaelic when I just started school, but i can't remember any of it. I know a little French from learning it at school but it's all starting to fade. I'm trying to learn Japanese but I'm still on the basics for that lmao

Last edited:
I am fluent in english, spanish, and vietnamese. I'm trying to learn chinese atm. :)

English is the only language I know fluently, although I've been learning Spanish in school for the last three years. I also know bits of Japanese and Korean, and I can read full hiragana and katakana, although I have trouble understanding many words in Japanese.

Sadly, only one, English and sometimes I can't even speak that all that well... rip.

Only 1 and I think I only need 1 cuz animals only know one language and they do fine

I'd say I speak English abd Dutch. I also know some German, French and I guess Spanish now too (I just came back from a language course in Spain!).

Only one. And I'm satisfied and happy. English. booya baby

2 languages for me! Bengali and English. Though in Canada we get taught French from grades 4-9, because I didn't pursue it after the language never stuck with me. I have a basic understanding of French when I read/hear it, but I cannot fluently speak or write in French :(

I know some Dutch and Norwegian, with English being my native language. I also know a tiny bit of Greek and Spanish.

I can speak English, Vietnamese (I can speak it fairly well, but I'm bad at writing the words correctly), and a bit of Spanish. :)

Last edited:
i grew up speaking two languages and now i'm learning a third.

I'm only fluent in English, but I can get by if I like vitally needed to speak German or French to someone. Like I could order food, or ask where something is, would I understand the answer though.... maybe not haha.

Back