• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pizza and chips (crisps)?

Pizza w/ chips?

• Total voters

Bcat

👻Spoopy all season long👻
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Candy Corn Halloweaster Egg
So I have a weird question about food (what else)

When you have pizza do you eat potato chips (crisps for you englanders) with it? My family always does this when we have pizza, but there are people I've met who find it weird and have never done it.

So what about you guys? Do you eat chips with pizza or do you find it weird? (and If you haven't tried it before, get on that)

Last edited:
Sometimes I buy a frozen pizza in the supermarket which contains potato, it's very good. Never tried them separatedly, though. Must be good.

Pretty good personally
But the real question is what's everyone's opinion on Pizza-flavored potato chips?

Sometimes I like to get the chips and dip/scoop a bit of pizza goodness onto them.

The best ^-^

When I stayed in Venice for a month, I found multiple places often selling pizza that had chips (fries) cooked ontop of it. Oftentimes this would be accompanied with frankfurter sausage

But yeah pizza and chips is pretty common in the UK
or so it is up north anyway, can't speak for elsewhere really

Whenever I eat pizza I always make sure I have a cup of garlic butter and some nacho cheese doritos too. Doritos make the pizza like 1000x better!!

Whenever I eat pizza I always make sure I have a cup of garlic butter and some nacho cheese doritos too. Doritos make the pizza like 1000x better!!

yaaaaasssssss never underestimate the importance of garlic butter for pizza!

I don't actually have it very often, but I have had it before. It's pretty good, I see nothing wrong with it!

Always. In Northern England, some people sprinkle cheese on the chips as well.

Pizza without chips, for me, is like cereal without milk.

I don't eat anything else with pizza, but it's not uncommon I guess. When I go to parties where there is pizza, chips and other snacks, people eat them together.

chips and curry sauce is where it's at

pizza with doughballs or garlic bread is prefered for me

I love how this thread has gone from American's talking about potato chips/crisps and Pizza, to the Brits waking up and thinking it meant chips as in Fries lmao

I love how this thread has gone from American's talking about potato chips/crisps and Pizza, to the Brits waking up and thinking it meant chips as in Fries lmao

oh lol it didn't occur to me that we have different words and that they were talking about fries not what americans consider chips.
we really all need to get on the same page on what we call things to avoid debilitating confusions like this.

I'm a junk food lover so pizza and chips sounds great. On cheat days I'll go to the store and get a frozen pizza and couples bags of chips or even popcorn sometimes. And I just veg out with a movie, or play AC, with my junk food. It's heavenly.

(..I'm so unhealthy)

omfg ha haaaaaaaaaa
legit thought we were talking chips as in fries hahaha typical brit

nah, just garlic dip for me plz
chips in burgers are pretty good though (esp bc the ones my mum makes are so bland - she never puts any salt in anything rip)

Always. In Northern England, some people sprinkle cheese on the chips as well.

Pizza without chips, for me, is like cereal without milk.

OH NO. NOT CHEESY CHIPS
I don't think it's specifically a 'northern' thing? Atleast not where I'm from.

Though, saying that, I see a lot of chippys offering chips and cheese or chips,cheese,gravy (technically canadian poutine)

Back