• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

how did you guys decide to name your town?

davekats

bees??
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
i have a new game and i'm super excited to start fresh and do all that fun planning and theme stuff but...i cant decide on a name ;--;

My town is called Ereta, because its a town i made up for a story. Try and make up words that feel best for you or words that mean a lot to you.

I came with my town name from a videogame I liked, and that I?ve never seen in various dream towns, so I can also suggest something you like and put it as a town name

I named my town Blossom because of cherry blossoms and that was what setting I wanted my town to be in. I'd suggest naming your town something you won't regret later

My first ever town on WW was named Birdhome cuz I was looking out the window for cute things and I saw a birdhouse.

Then I changed it to Teatime (because it starts with the same letter as my name)

For New Leaf, I made a list of cutesy/pretty sounding words I could use as town names, but ended up settling on Teatime yet again.

I honestly didn't know what to name my new leaf town, so I asked my sister and she suggested Sorarkhe (the name of a city in one of her old writing projects, apparently sora means sky in japanese (w e e b) and arkhe means government in latin... so put together it means sky government, or smth like that) because of this, I decided to theme my town around the idea of a village close to the sky, with the wind mill+wind turbine, lots of blues and whites, plenty of lights and fountains, and give it an overall elegant (yet homey) kind of vibe, to represent the government bit :p

My town name is Cuddle, I named it that because I've always loved cuddling up under my blankets in my bed in the winter and enjoying the warmth. My town theme kind of fits it because it's supposed to be a foresty town with lots of cedar trees, it kinda gives me that vibe of a deep forest with a little town in the middle of it, relaxing.

I put a name always VERY striking to me, whatever the reason it matters. The name of my second village is "Gaia" and that name has echoed in my mind a long time, a very long time (and I certainly do not know why). I needed to reset my village because I was not happy with its map, the old name was Shiemi, a character from an old half anime that I really like and that marked a lot of my adolescence. :blush:

Back when I got the game in 2013, I really wanted to call it Sarasaland, but I couldn't figure out how to shorten it so it still sounded good, so then I opted for taking part of the name of the game (Leaf) and a random word (Way) So the town became Leafway.

But my second town I named Midnight because midnight (not a vampire I swear) is my favorite time of the day. Nighttime is just really beautiful to me, and New Leaf does a great job of replicating real life nighttime, and the whole day really!

I used a generator, before that I would use the same name I've been using since Wild World. :D

Honestly, I come up with stuff that I see something in my house or in my mind and fix it a bit to make it a town name. I have a water bottle that has the word "aladdin" on it. I fixed it a bit and came up with Aladus and used it for my town.

I call my town "Seacity" because in the first game I ever had my city was "almare" That's means "Sea" More or less, but it's a disaster in Italian, because a was a child and for remember that I call my city in this way! And also there is sea, it's perfect! :D

Ruddyoak (my main ACNL town) got its name from an Ent in a very old Lord of the Rings computer game. My mayor, Athelwyn, is also named after a human sorceress in the same game.

Basically, how I decided on the town name was that I started my first-ever copy of New Leaf without having planned what my town or character names would be. When Rover asked me, I was like "...I should have remembered this was coming." :p

It's worked really well for me, though; I have an acorn and oak leaf as my town's symbols, and my town tune is not only sentimental to me, but fits with my town's feel. I wouldn't change it for anything. :)

Bliss because I want my town to be a retreat serenity thing going on.
My last town was Lorule though because at the time I was playing A link between world's or whatever it was called

My town is named Eden, after the Garden of Eden.
I wanted a name related to "paradise" or "heaven", and I also wanted something in Hebrew (my native language). Eden refers to both those things.

I only decided on my name today.
~
I saw on the country/state names on the back of an atlas I saw one called Half Moon and it inspired me. ღ

Back