• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you always max out space in your homes?

elo-chan

(◕‿◕✿)
Bells
Switch
4147-3082-7626
Island
Maplewood
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
White Cosmos
New Horizons Token
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
I used to but now I'm thinking of leaving out left and right rooms because they make ugly gaps in the main room lol. I also didn't want to max out the space for my bedroom since I thought it wouldn't look as cozy! What's your take on room space? Do you guys ever keep smaller sized rooms or leave certain rooms out completely?

I do. I'm a hoarder and also have so many theme ideas. I need all that space!

My mayor's house is maxed out, both in Salem and Hollowyn. I have 3 additional characters in Hollowyn, and their houses are maxed. There's a theme for each of them, though, so it made sense.

Right now, I don't have any other characters in Salem; I'm considering adding 1 or 2, and they will have all the rooms, but probably at the smaller sizes. With the addition of secret storage, there isn't as much reason to expand mules fully.

I max them out even the things that you could put in one room. The game would either say I couldn't put something anymore or I'm close to. I'm pretty ocd even the things that I could hang on the wall. I like decorating them and still thought the number of rooms aren't enough.

This is a good question! Nope, I don't. I obviously have to max out the main room, but I like having any kitchen/bedroom areas at MOST 6x6 (the first upgrade). Right now my upstairs bedroom is still just the first 4x4, and I'm LOVING it. I actually had so much trouble decorating the main room because it's huge, and ended up making the 4 corners into different sub-areas. I don't feel the urge to get any more rooms right now, but if I did, I'd get a basement and additional room as 6x6s.

I'll probably make a second character for new themes, but it's hard to make a fully expanded house with the same theme without repeating a lot of the items and furniture.

no, i have some rooms in some of my houses that aren't big and i haven't built all rooms in some either. i like some smaller rooms and if i don't want to decorate a side character's house with a bunch of stuff it's easier and can look better if you don't have any rooms on the side or if the rooms aren't gigantic

I find it nice to have different sized rooms, but I've already maxed out most of my rooms :(

Nah. There would be too much space to feel and to me it would throw off the room's theme if you put too much stuff. I keep my bathroom small because well, it's a bathroom. My bedroom and basement are also small but expanded once.

I always plan to max out my house, I have way too much stuff to not. XD
I do think the full sized bed-rooms can ruin the effect of a cosy house, but I always max it out never the less.
Maybe in the future I'll cut out the side-rooms as they do leave big ugly holes that stop you from being able to put stuff against the wall there and still have access.

Yep. I have a lot of furniture, I'm such a hoarder

Back