• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

does anyone post on their town's bulletin board?

pizzapie44

Bells
i usually just read it every morning, but what i sometimes do is call out villagers who asked for dumb trades or post random stuff for the fun of it. i would share some of my funniest bulletins on this post but a lot of them contain some subject matter that would get me banned instantly (if you catch my drift.) so how many of you utilize the board's posting function?

i use it to welcome and say goodbye to villagers and to write down what happened when really good/lucky stuff happens (like when i finally got gracie to show up, and when i caught my first coelacanth)

i'm pretty pure about using it haha

I have a page that has the "Town Rules" (running along paths only, don't harass villagers, ask before picking something, etc.). I read the ones the game generates (upcoming birthdays, events, sales), but erase them after.

I sort of miss the old GC bulletin board where characters would post about burying something in a certain area. it wasn't a personal message, but it was a little more interaction.

Nope. I never have. I too miss the GameCube bulletin board when villagers said they buried stuff in an acre. Because of that I used to check the bulletin board like every single day. Now I never check it.

In my Guest town when I opened my gates I write rules and mention high turnip or premium fruit days.
In my main town I like to keep all the villager birthdays on the board. I'll write on the board when a villager is getting picked on. Tell them all to be nice.

I'm a huge dork and will make announcements for new ordinances or other changes in town, as well as birthdays, move-ins or departures. Obviously no one but me reads it, but it helps me immerse myself more in my role as mayor :3

Question: if you post your town's rules, will people actually know to read them and where to find them? As in, wouldn't you have to constantly update the board to keep that particular message in the most recent slot?

If it's an initiative, then I would do it. Otherwise I don't. I see no point really.

Last edited:
I'm too lazy to really post anything on it. The only thing would be to welcome other players to the town.

ehm...no. I type way too fast on a keyboard that's way too small even for my stylus so I make so many mistakes which I have to fix afterwards.

It's too much work

I'm a huge dork and will make announcements for new ordinances or other changes in town, as well as birthdays, move-ins or departures. Obviously no one but me reads it, but it helps me immerse myself more in my role as mayor :3

Question: if you post your town's rules, will people actually know to read them and where to find them? As in, wouldn't you have to constantly update the board to keep that particular message in the most recent slot?

Yes I have to update it each time I open my gates. I just erase the old message. My online friends have a rule that we read the board before visiting the town and leave a message that they were there. Some of us leave our gates opened while doing things.

Back