• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

New 3DS XL "Samus Edition" Announced!

Flare

Cherry 🍒
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7087-8935-1983
There was an announcement of a New 3DS XL Edition being released!

screen-shot-2017-08-08-at-82312-am-7b419102-e5a3-4a9d-97d2-ea52e79d4787.png

What are your thoughts on it? It looks pretty neat to me, the Samus art on it is kinda ticking me a bit, but the Orange-Red looks verryy neat. Maybe I should get it! hopefully before scalpers do...

Last edited:
If that one's up for Japan I'm so getting it...Or well EU could work too if they only do NA and EU on this (EU better get it though stop skipping on us ffs)

Looking real cool and even though I'm not a hardcore Metroid fan... LE's ftw and the orange/yellow/read themes hnng gief

Last edited:
This is great for metroid fans! But I agree the design is kinda weird... still kinda neat tho.

The back is gold, to match her suit.

It looks beautiful. Metroid has a very special meaning to me because I grew up with this game as a child. I hope it releases in EU, too. For now it's only announced in the US.

Is the color scheme different all around, or did they only change the top plate and leave the rest default again...

The choice of Samus render is a bit weird, I think that was promo art used for Prime Hunters back in the day. It's still nice to see Metroid finally getting a special edition 3DS but I think the newer render from Samus Returns would've been more appropriate. Either way, it looks pretty nice! Had this been released a few years earlier I would've grabbed it in a heartbeat but I think I'll pass now. I've already upgraded my 3DS a couple years ago so I can't afford another one, as much as it kills me knowing that this finally exists.

The choice of Samus render is a bit weird, I think that was promo art used for Prime Hunters back in the day. It's still nice to see Metroid finally getting a special edition 3DS but I think the newer render from Samus Returns would've been more appropriate. Either way, it looks pretty nice! Had this been released a few years earlier I would've grabbed it in a heartbeat but I think I'll pass now. I've already upgraded my 3DS a couple years ago so I can't afford another one, as much as it kills me knowing that this finally exists.

True, as much as I wouldn't want this esp. if they do an EU or JP release I already have a Japanese 3ds LL that works great man...

Not a fan of metroid, but dang is that a nice look. I would buy it tbh if I had money.

Europe is getting this on the same day that Samus Returns is released. I'll pass on this one, since I'm not into the Metroid series and I'm already good with my HHD N3DS XL.

Europe is getting this on the same day that Samus Returns is released. I'll pass on this one, since I'm not into the Metroid series and I'm already good with my HHD N3DS XL.

Yeah saw a store having it up with a placeholder price of $999 lmao. Maybe if I can afford I do have a Eu my ninty account after all lel

A shame I already have a new 3DS XL, otherwise I'd grab it(provided of course it does get released here).

Back