We should be able to LOCK move ins and outs.

Pancake225

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Seriously , we are the mayors. We should be able to lock villagers from moving in and out. Just like the train station. You can open and close the gate. I am really hoping for this feature in future updates.

Last edited:
Kinda goes against the laws of Animal Crossing and you know, civilized countries too but I wouldn't mind if I never had to worry about Pekoe or Snake moving away again

See, at first I would oppose this before the WA update. But now that you can practically possess a villager to move in and possess one to move out, I totally agree with this.

I understand why you'd want this, and telling my favorite villagers over and over that they can't move is tiring, but I think that would sort of defeat the purpose of maintaining relationships and a connection to the town.

Just to add to this I'd love if they add where you could choose which villager moves out if u want or choose which moves in! :3

I think this feature, and a lot of others like it, would kind of ruin the game. Lots of people want total control over their towns, but I think if we all got it, the instant gratification would kill the game's longevity and destroy any sense of personal satisfaction.

I can see why people would want this but it does go against the rules of Animal Crossing a bit. At least if you don't want a villager you can scan them out with an amiibo card now and villagers won't move for like 10 days or something.

I agree. It's a huge pain to constantly be checking if someone wants to move. I think if you get a town full of villagers you like, you should be able to keep them forever.

so basically dictatorship?

k

It's not dictatorship. When you make a good relation-ship between the villagers and don't want them to move. It's fine.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I agree. It's a huge pain to constantly be checking if someone wants to move. I think if you get a town full of villagers you like, you should be able to keep them forever.

Finally. Someone understands the struggle.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think this feature, and a lot of others like it, would kind of ruin the game. Lots of people want total control over their towns, but I think if we all got it, the instant gratification would kill the game's longevity and destroy any sense of personal satisfaction.

Your comment made me rethink. And actually I kind of agree. :p

Being able to Lock move ins sounds okay, but locking move outs just sounds kinda wrong, especially if they arent enjoying life in the town/they mayor TTs or leaves for extended periods of time.

Considering the amiibo update has made it so you have ten days of notice before they leave, it's not really a big deal anymore unless you really neglect your town.

10 days is long to check your villagers and make sure they don't move out. If anything, I could just stop one from moving then play whenever I want without worrying that they'd move out.

I'd like to lock move outs. I hate it that my dreamies ask to move soo frequently.

Last edited:
Ok, here's a thought:

What if, when your friendship is high enough with a villager you can have the option to make them stay forever, and they will continue to not ask to move if you maintain high friendship with them. Then theres still an incentive to talk to your villagers without risk

Back