• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Gut Feeling

Hulaette

The Magical Mermaid
Bells
Blue Candy
Jack
Orange (Fruit)
So a good gaming friend of mine had just lost his main account. So I gave him in-game coins and an in-game outfit to help in out. We added each other on fb, than I asked how old he was...he said hes 59...he tells me he's had a crush on me for a while and that he lives in NYC and he had just started working in the movie industry. I asked him if he does Cameos and than he said that he does not know what a cameo is. So than I say well if you work in the movie industry you should know what a cameo is. At this point I was getting really nervous so I said that I think he was lying. The last thing I said was "sorry you lost your account" and kicked him, deleted him from my Yoworld buddy list and deleted & blocked him from facebook. His story was not making any sense. He was so nice and humble to me ever since I met his toon avi on YoWorld about 2 years ago. It hurts me to have helped him out and than dump him in a matter of 5 minutes. But I feel like he was pushing me to far and I got really creeped out. Did I do the right thing?

yeah you did. follow whatever shouts the loudest in your body imo

Yes, I'm glad I called it instead of getting catfished. Like I was really horrified and sad that he had lost his fb and gaming progress. But if your someone who works in a movie industry and doesn't know what a cameo is. That just screams LYING PEDO!!

FOR ANYONE WHO READS THIS. PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHO YOU TALK TO ON THE INTERNET. IF YOU HAVE DOUBTS THAN DELETE AND BLOCK IMMEDIATELY. IF YOU THINK YOU MAY BE IN DANGER THAN TELL YOUR PARENTS OR CALL THE POLICE!!

Last edited:
Yeah you did.. omg that guy sounds like one of those big fakers.

Also if he doesn't know that... dude I don't even work in movies and I know so yeah.. bad try trying to be real.

As a general rule of thumb for me, it's best to remain as anon as possible to avoid being stalking or something. NEVER EVER meet anyone you met online in person unless you've cammed with them or something first cause you never know how they are in real life. There are also some sites that are good to avoid. Obviously creeps are everywhere but dating sites and stuff like that can be more dangerous than say, this forum lol.

That's extremely creepy. You did the right thing, don't doubt yourself.

I think it was the right thing to do. In my experience online, my gut feeling was always right on whether I thought someone seemed fake or not.

I'm happy to say that I met two people from online (from here specifically) in person and it went better than great!!! We had so much fun and we all felt it was no different than talking online. But we did take precautions: voice chatting, videochatting, etc.
I'm glad to say that it went perfectly in that case (and man do I wanna go see them next time instead of them coming to me)

But please make sure you're careful online. Just because my friends and I had a good experience doesn't mean everyone online is someone trustworthy/safe.

yes you did the right thing. always follow your guts. dont ever wait for something bad to actually happen to have a reason to stay away from a person who gives you bad vibes.

You did the right thing!! It's okay to feel bad since it was a friendship after all but you should always trust your gut feeling.
He's extremely creepy lol.

Weirdo. Yeah, you definitely did the right thing. Gawd, I hate people like that.

Sounds like a creep, he's probably there to creep on younger people honestly, and trying to make himself seem fancy so people will look past his age. But honestly you never know, he could work in the money side of the movie industry. My boyfriend and I have a shared PS3 name and some Indian guy kept hitting on my boyfriend because the name is Kate and Nate so this guy thought he was talking to Kate, and he was flirting with my boyfriend, my boyfriend thought it was funny and baited him a bit and turns out this Indian guy is on some Bollywood drama show. XD Super funny, we ended up telling him the truth and he was sad but it was interesting to say the least. But yes you always want to be careful, I've been lied to so many times by internet creeps, they'll tell you anything to get what they're after!

Back