Songs you like that are out of your taste?

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Nature Nuts 🐿️
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Spring Sakura
Aurora Easter Egg
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Dreamy Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Sweet Feather
Glam Feather
Heart Glow Wand
Pink Feather
Purple Feather
As you may or may not know, I generally like older music, specifically 60s-80s pop/folk/rock. But there are these two songs that I like that are fairly recent, and one that is way off of what I usually listen to:

All 3 are vastly different from each other, and I don't like any other songs in these categories or really in this time period, but these three songs are just so great. I'm not sure why.

Is anyone else the same way?

Last edited:
Well I like metal as well as a lot of hippie and electronic music. So if that's not odd, I'm not sure what is.

My 3 favorite songs are:

Postcards from Italy by Beirut (weird folk-like music inspired by Eastern Europe, if I'm not mistaken!) Listen to this makes me feel so overwhelmed in like the best way possible. If you end up looking this up, please listen to the WHOLE song. It gets good, I promise :p

Gale Song by The Lumineers This one is still folk-like, but a lot more country. The lyrics hit hard even though I don't relate loool

X by 21 Savage this is actually where things get weird lol I had to choose between this or Thinkin Bout You by Frank Ocean, and even those two are different-ish genres.

I tend to listen to practically anything that catches my interest so my music taste is pretty weird in general. I lean on more towards folk and indie though :)

i like champion by amy diamond and she's uhhh really not my usual taste in music but idk i just like that song. i don't have it in any of my playlists currently but i used to

I really like Shania Twain and Volbeat. Both of the genres of these artists are not ones I commonly listen to but these rock.

I HATE country music but I will always jam out to "Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts lol. It's just so darn catchy!

Yikes, well, my whole music tastes are a big jumbled mess to begin with, but mostly I stick with artists/bands/groups intead of specific generes, so here we go
I really like Yes, a prog-rock band from the 70's with really lengthy songs
Gorillaz, a band from the 2000's and now that's a mix of all sorts of generes, usually popular music/hip-hop with a large variety of stuff, and
Caravan Palace, a modern group that makes electronic music with influences from 1920's-1940's swing
I end up listening to a lot more stuff, these are just a few highlights

I don't really have anything 'out of my taste' because my taste is so eclectic to begin with. I like things from all genres

Mm no this doesn't really happen to me, nothing is really out of my taste cuz I like some of everything (there's even some country stuff that charms me.. shh). I gave up trying to only like specific genres/eras a long time ago. Besides, there's only so many songs from the 70's hahaha after awhile it all starts to taste the same!

If you like "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)", then I wonder how you feel about "Fade To Black", "One", "Nothing Else Matters" and "The Unforgiven", which are all kind of somewhat similar.

Anyways, I personally try to keep an open mind and even get out of my musical comfort zone from time to time. As a result, it is not highly unusual for me to like some amount of Pop, Disco, R&B, Hip Hop, Electronic, Country, Reggae etc. That doesn't mean that I love and enjoy absolutely everything, but I do acknowledge that even genres/styles that I may not like very much or care for a whole lot can have some good stuff in them.

Getting back to the purpose of the thread: I am not a fan of "Bro-Country", but I think Brantley Gilbert's "Bottoms Up" is actually decent! XD

If I am picking music it's all pretty much the same vibe - some kind of chill or psych music. Theres of course like a bunch of subcategories of those music types, but generally speaking I feel like you can really pin down a vibe for all my music.
But I mean that's just me picking a song. I like plenty of other stuff that people put on too. I'm also really into lyrics, so I can like most songs if they have good lyrics.
But anyways I rarely like country music, but I will forever jam out to Goodbye Earl by the Dixie Chicks. That song is just too hilarious, and any song about killing your best friend's abuser is okay in my book - no matter how much twang is in it.

There's a French artist that is usually associated with bad rap music for young people without taste (That's what half of the population says, I don't agree with them) and while I'm usually listening to a good range of music, rap isn't something I feel connected to.
However I like a few songs of said artist and that's really not something you'd expect me to listen to.
Here's one of his most famous title On M'appelle L'ovni (They call me the UFO).

my taste in music is honestly all over the place as i listen to a little bit of everything. that being said, i’m typically not really into metal or rock songs, especially if they involve screaming but 2 of my all-time favourite songs actually fall under that category and that’s “bulls in the bronx” by PTV and “breathe into me” by red. :’^)

Back